• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cord cutting

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
For those that have cut their cable cords, I have a few questions I'm going you'll can help with. I have netflix and Amazon prime. Is adding Vue necessary?

Outside of the huskers we watch few sports, especially this time of year. Locals channels are required. HBO would be a bonus.

Have att internet and would love to move on. Comcast is available, any thoughts? Thanks.

For those that have cut their cable cords, I have a few questions I'm going you'll can help with. I have netflix and Amazon prime. Is adding Vue necessary?

Outside of the huskers we watch few sports, especially this time of year. Locals channels are required. HBO would be a bonus.

Have att internet and would love to move on. Comcast is available, any thoughts? Thanks.
I'd go with Hulu not Vue. Locals you get through an antennae.

We cut the cord 5 years ago and LOVE IT. If you know someone well enough to share their cable/satellite password and email with you then it's even better!!! You can get Watch ESPN and BTN and HBO and whatever else they subscribe to.

We use ROKUs in almost every room.

We cut the cord 5 years ago and LOVE IT. If you know someone well enough to share their cable/satellite password and email with you then it's even better!!! You can get Watch ESPN and BTN and HBO and whatever else they subscribe to.

That's one route I'm thinking of for sure.

I can get passwords from friends and family but I suspect most will go cordless soon! Thank for the thoughts.

That's one route I'm thinking of for sure.

I can get passwords from friends and family but I suspect most will go cordless soon! Thank for the thoughts.
We've decided as a family to chip in to mom and dads bill and then we all get everything.

I went with Fire Sticks because I can jailbreak them and put Kodi on them :)

Why Hulu and not Vue? I'm assuming you're talking about the Hulu With Live TV service? Is there anything in particular that you feel it offers that PlayStation Vue does not?

I put up a thread on this topic a while back. Cox dropped my bill by like $70 after multiple call-back negotiations. It was still more expensive but not by much. Cox had Nick Jr. and Vue did not, which was the deciding factor since my kids watch the hell out of it. We also would have missed the History channel.

If I had it my way, I would have Netflix, Vue, and Hulu.

Keep an eye out over the next few months. Early-generation ROKUs may start having issues as encryption protocols (TLS 1.0) are sunset. Some don't have the hardware to support anything later. Most providers I hear are going to 1.1 at least, and many just jumping to 1.2. I think 1.3 is looming, but the requirement is to get rid of early TLS. June 30, 2018, the online content world will MELT DOWN!!! AHHHH!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back