• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Connie Yori out as Nebraska Women's Basketball Coach

The first (of perhaps many) past players to speak on her behalf:

Former Nebraska player Lindsey Moore, an All-Big Ten guard who played on both of Yori's Sweet 16 teams, graduated after the 2013 season and occasionally served as a practice player this season. She said any allegations against Yori are unfair.

"I don't understand how someone can take her constructive criticism — to help them get better — as such a negative thing," Moore said. "It's funny, I actually thought over the years Coach Yori had gotten softer from my freshman year to where she is now.

"It's amazing to me that now we're having issues with allegations of her being a bully. It's really sad to me. I don't think she's like that. And now, in the media, all they're going to say is she's a bully. I don't agree with that. It's really sad. I feel like she's a really damn good coach."

Moore said she served as a practice player more than once this year and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"It's so frustrating, because coaches are there to make you better," Moore said. "They're not there to completely blow smoke. If that's the way you wanted to be coached, then you shouldn't have played for Coach Yori. She wants to make you better and make the team better. If players needed complete back-patting and hand-holding, they picked the wrong program in the beginning."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/connie...040cd0-fb55-11e5-afd7-cb6951f681ae.html?=1234

Last edited:

The first (of perhaps many) past players to speak on her behalf:

Former Nebraska player Lindsey Moore, an All-Big Ten guard who played on both of Yori's Sweet 16 teams, graduated after the 2013 season and occasionally served as a practice player this season. She said any allegations against Yori are unfair.

"I don't understand how someone can take her constructive criticism — to help them get better — as such a negative thing," Moore said. "It's funny, I actually thought over the years Coach Yori had gotten softer from my freshman year to where she is now.

"It's amazing to me that now we're having issues with allegations of her being a bully. It's really sad to me. I don't think she's like that. And now, in the media, all they're going to say is she's a bully. I don't agree with that. It's really sad. I feel like she's a really damn good coach."

Moore said she served as a practice player more than once this year and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"It's so frustrating, because coaches are there to make you better," Moore said. "They're not there to completely blow smoke. If that's the way you wanted to be coached, then you shouldn't have played for Coach Yori. She wants to make you better and make the team better. If players needed complete back-patting and hand-holding, they picked the wrong program in the beginning."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/connie...040cd0-fb55-11e5-afd7-cb6951f681ae.html?=1234

Lindsey said it all. Again, good luck, Connie. Knock 'em dead.

Since their Sweet 16 appearance, the program has been awful. I recognized that Yori elevated the program, but it sometimes takes a new coach to take in the rest of the way.

That might be the most absurd post I have ever read. We had TWO sweet 16 appearances. So after the first one, we had ANOTHER one. And 4 straight NCAA appearances. The men's program has never won an NCAA tournament game. We won many under Yori. We won a regular season Big 12 title when Brittany Griner was in the league, AND a Big 10 tournament title! Since we joined the Big 10, we have been in the finals twice. We made the tournament as recently as 2015! And the NIT, an 18 win season, and finishing in the middle of this league isn't AWFUL.

You are way off base here, factually and in every other way. We have been nowhere near "awful" since the Sweet 16 appearance (sic).

P.S. Not to mention a 100% graduation rate. Postseason 11 out of 14 years.

Last edited:
That might be the most absurd post I have ever read. We had TWO sweet 16 appearances. So after the first one, we had ANOTHER one. And 4 straight NCAA appearances. The men's program has never won an NCAA tournament game. We won many under Yori. We won a regular season Big 12 title when Brittany Griner was there, AND a Big 10 tournament title! Since we joined the Big 10, we have been in the finals twice. We made the tournament as recently as 2015! And the NIT, an 18 win seaso, and finishing in the middle of this league isn't AWFUL.

You are way off base here, factually and in every other way. We have been nowhere near awful since the Sweet 16 appearance (sic).

Well...other than that...

That might be the most absurd post I have ever read. We had TWO sweet 16 appearances. So after the first one, we had ANOTHER one. And 4 straight NCAA appearances. The men's program has never won an NCAA tournament game. We won many under Yori. We won a regular season Big 12 title when Brittany Griner was there, AND a Big 10 tournament title! Since we joined the Big 10, we have been in the finals twice. We made the tournament as recently as 2015! And the NIT, an 18 win seaso, and finishing in the middle of this league isn't AWFUL.

You are way off base here, factually and in every other way. We have been nowhere near awful since the Sweet 16 appearance (sic).

Absolutely she was a quality coach.

But again, I get every sense from the article her divorce and custody battle very much got in the way. A shame but a reality nonetheless.

I'm not one to doubt the players from last season ... nor bash them. And it seems from players coming out in support of Yori from years prior to last year, this was not the person she typically would be. But it does sound like she probably needs to take a step back from coaching and get her life straightened out. And maybe a year or two from now she can be a quality coach again somewhere else.

Absolutely she was a quality coach.

But again, I get every sense from the article her divorce and custody battle very much got in the way. A shame but a reality nonetheless.

I'm not one to doubt the players from last season ... nor bash them. And it seems from players coming out in support of Yori from years prior to last year, this was not the person she typically would be. But it does sound like she probably needs to take a step back from coaching and get her life straightened out. And maybe a year or two from now she can be a quality coach again somewhere else.

I agree her personal issues may have had an affect on her coaching. I thought it was interesting all the coaches and players that have left over the last couple years. I didn't realize there had been that much turnover in the women's basketball program. Also there seemed to be an increase in injuries the last couple years. If may be nothing, or maybe players were pushed harder lately. I'm not saying they were, but then we'll never really know what went on behind closed doors the last two years.

I always thought she was a great coach and we were fortunate to have her.

Since I don't know anything or have a clue what did or didn't happen, I will just say thanks coach.

Anyone who knows Connie Yori personally knows she doesn't have an illegal, immoral, unethical, or "abusive" bone in her body.

Is she demanding? Yes. Does she preach accountibility? Yes. But to say "abusive" must be coming from some coddled, entitled players who don't want to work on and off the court.

More than 10 of them + some staff members. She recruited and hired all of them.

Lindsey said it all. Again, good luck, Connie. Knock 'em dead.

Perhaps. Who recruited the players who "picked the wrong program"? Lindsey, with all due respect isn't at every practice, workout, etc, now. A lot has changed with the team and a lot has changed with Yori. It's not a stretch to think that her temper has gotten shorter over the last couple of years. Hell, I'm nowhere near divorce, or so I'm led to believe, and my trigger today is much quicker than it was in 2013. Lindsey probably knows more than us, but she doesn't know everything about the program now. Seriously, is Connie going to dress someone down when Lindsey is at practice? I hope Yori works things out and the girls get a great coach, but there is much we will not know.

It's sad to see her being accused of bullying. if so, those kids and there parents need to toughen up a little. Sick of this politically correct nation. Everyone's feelings are getting hurt. :cry:

Since their Sweet 16 appearance, the program has been awful. I recognized that Yori elevated the program, but it sometimes takes a new coach to take in the rest of the way.

You recognized Yori elevated the program, and in 4 1/2 years Erstad, with some of the best resources in the nation, has done??? {{{{crickets chipping}}}}

Yori has won at high levels. Ersdud, err, Erstad? Or are you hanging onto that win over Binghamton???

Why do you do that? It's so stupid and infantile. The man played his heart out for DONU and came home to help resurrect a wayward program. Maybe it hasn't worked out as well as everyone wanted, but the man deserves more than to be belittled by some anonymous message board poster whose name means a dirty nutsack.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back