• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Concerns about Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Blades is an idiot that i'm glad we don't have, but his talent can't be denied. I think he was closer to another Jordan Stephenson than Charles Jackson.

But not taking a DB at all in the 2017 class is puzzling to me. I get we switched coaches, but it makes us very thin for 2017 and extremely young for 2018.

Maybe by the time October comes around we can talk Jones into sitting out the trest of the year.

Maybe by the time October comes around we can talk Jones into sitting out the trest of the year.
I get what you are saying... but the kid made a decision to come back this year after pondering the NFL, it's really tough for a kid to push that back 2 years. It will all depend how he looks when he comes back. I think either way we are in a good position with Jones... If he comes back early enough and performs well, that's good for our 2017 season. If he decides to come back in 2018 that bolsters some depth.

I do wonder how it will affect (effect?) the 2018 class. They are being sold on early playing time and we were theoretically going to lose Kalu and Jones, now Jones could come back.

Blades looking to save face and his new coach is not exactly taking the high road either. Blades at one point tweeted "give me a reporter" or something to that effect, but I believe it is now gone. Severe and DB having none of it.

This is where adults need to step in with "you made your bed"...but many in his circle are RTing the "Nebraska tricked me BS". smh

Blades looking to save face and his new coach is not exactly taking the high road either. Blades at one point tweeted "give me a reporter" or something to that effect, but I believe it is now gone. Severe and DB having none of it.

This is where adults need to step in with "you made your bed"...but many in his circle are RTing the "Nebraska tricked me BS". smh

Right, i'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but Nebraska did nothing wrong as it was the NCAA that deemed him as a non-qualifier. In this day with kids though, they have so many "adults" latching on to them about how it's not their fault and trying to get them to the NFL to get a slice of their monetary pie that he will go on thinking it's someone elses fault but his own. The reality is he didn't have a high enough GPA or test score, so what is he talking about?

Nailed it

Like I said last night who ever was and is advising him failed miserably

I get what you are saying... but the kid made a decision to come back this year after pondering the NFL, it's really tough for a kid to push that back 2 years. It will all depend how he looks when he comes back. I think either way we are in a good position with Jones... If he comes back early enough and performs well, that's good for our 2017 season. If he decides to come back in 2018 that bolsters some depth.

I do wonder how it will affect (effect?) the 2018 class. They are being sold on early playing time and we were theoretically going to lose Kalu and Jones, now Jones could come back.

Good point...plus, that scholarship would not be available for the 2018 class.

I don't disagree at all really. I'm just willing to move on from 2015.

5-7 was literally two plays from being 7-5. neither of which are really 'acceptable' around here, but a certain segment of the fan base want to repeat that until everyone is deaf from hearing it.

2015 sucked from a W-L standpoint, but it was nice to actually have the announcers talking football and not waiting for another Bo melt down on the sidelines.

moving forward....

Looks to me like Blades tricked Nebraska into thinking he was really going to qualify.....

Right? Blows my mind a bit that a guy who was the only DB in the entire class feels slighted. We wouldn't have made him our only class DB if our intent was to pull the rug out from under him or trick him into signing. It's unfortunate that everyone involved here is going to lose in this scenario. The silver lining is that we have some 2018 studs who can make an immediate impact – we just need some guys on the current roster to step up in the meantime.

Last edited:

maybe if he would've taken some classes in the summer instead of tweeting and periscoping he could have helped his situation a little bit.. Shows he didn't want to come here in the first place

maybe if he would've taken some classes in the summer instead of tweeting and periscoping he could have helped his situation a little bit.. Shows he didn't want to come here in the first place
Agreed. I followed this guy on Instagram and he seems to have lots of time for everything but schoolwork. Prima dona

We are so freak'n lucky to have avoided this cancerous responsibility ducking prima dona, there's absolutely no team effort in the way he acts and he would have "infected" our locker room. I'm just a bit surprised we hadn't made a better assessment of his obvious lack of character.... perhaps we should step up our vetting process to better avoid these embarrassing situations. Clowns gunna clown, just not at my school. GBR

We are so freak'n lucky to have avoided this cancerous responsibility ducking prima dona, there's absolutely no team effort in the way he acts and he would have "infected" our locker room. I'm just a bit surprised we hadn't made a better assessment of his obvious lack of character.... perhaps we should step up our vetting process to better avoid these embarrassing situations. Clowns gunna clown, just not at my school. GBR

Vetting is not perfect as we both know with that being said we dodged a bullet

Hey, all, I'm real bummed about this, too, but the odds are good that other recruits look at boards like this, both kids we've already got on the hook and kids that might be interested in coming here. This thread is turning real sour real fast, and it's making us look like some really crappy fans.

Time to lock this thread up and bury it I think. Kid has made his decision and it's over. Best of luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back