• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Concerns about Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it sounds like he is a prima donna with out the grades to back it up. I guess it is a good thing we've both moved along.

Thanks, I'm glad you guys are on here to set me straight. I apologize for misinterpreting the post. I hope Blades can get his academics in order and can be successful. I am one who was a poor student his freshman year but have gone on to get graduate degrees, so it is possible to persevere and I certainly don't begrudge the young man.

Oh I can relate as I was not a great student in HS. Thankfully the light went on for me in college and like you in Grad School

My issue is he is responsible for where he is at just as I was. To blame Nebraska Is not cool. Look I get it if he had buyers remorse and or could not qualify. My issue no need to burn bridges or make dubious claims like he did. Does not serve him well in the short or long run and gives him yet one more issue to overcome

No need to apologize

I think we need to set the bar to compete with them on the recruiting front as far as who we want. Tyjon Lindsey, Bookie, Moore, those guys all are on Ohio State's wish list, we just won't get the quantity of them that Ohio State will so where I take issue is when we sign a class and someone says "that's not going to get us competing with Ohio State or Alabama!" We aren't there yet, not even close, so that's not what we are working towards yet.

Completely agree. We are progressing.

I am not going to be as nice. His tweet comes off as sour grapes. He is acting like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum. Not sure any P5 schools will touch him after this. Guys like this can be locker room poison.

I am not going to be as nice. His tweet comes off as sour grapes. He is acting like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum. Not sure any P5 schools will touch him after this. Guys like this can be locker room poison.
Didn't Riley recently say DB's were like gold? Don't fool yourself, down the road if he qualifies, there will be many P5 schools knocking at his door.

Didn't Riley recently say DB's were like gold? Don't fool yourself, down the road if he qualifies, there will be many P5 schools knocking at his door.

You and I rarely agree but this time we do. However I will add one Captain Obvious caveat in that it's not just about qualifying he also has to show that his talent is real and then some. He is rolling the dice on that and a lot of guys are never heard of again due to grades and/or failing to live up to that talent at the JUCO level.

Disagree if gets the grades and lives up to the talent they will come calling

This is kind of my point. He is the one that failed to qualify. Yet he blames our coaches for "tricking him?"
Partial qualifier I don't believe was a realistic option for him. He didn't qualify, and knows we can't comment on it. He's trying to make himself look good, but the reality is he messed up. Literally the only reason Nebraska is tougher to qualify for than other places is the extra math class, but we weren't waiting for that, we were waiting for an ACT score.

Last edited:

Partial qualifier I don't believe was a realistic option for him. He didn't qualify, and knows we can't comment on it. He's trying to make himself look good, but the reality is he messed up. Literally the only reason Nebraska is tougher to qualify for than other places is the extra math class, but we weren't waiting for that, we were waiting for an ACT score.

Yup

Well, Blades is an idiot that i'm glad we don't have, but his talent can't be denied. I think he was closer to another Jordan Stephenson than Charles Jackson.

But not taking a DB at all in the 2017 class is puzzling to me. I get we switched coaches, but it makes us very thin for 2017 and extremely young for 2018.

Well, Blades is an idiot that i'm glad we don't have, but his talent can't be denied. I think he was closer to another Jordan Stephenson than Charles Jackson.

But not taking a DB at all in the 2017 class is puzzling to me. I get we switched coaches, but it makes us very thin for 2017 and extremely young for 2018.

Looks to me like Blades tricked Nebraska into thinking he was really going to qualify.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back