• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Concerns about Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

36Blast

Chop Block Connoisseur
5 Year Member
The other day he deleted a tweet that said, "I regret the decision."

Today, he leaves another cryptic tweet stating, "If this doesn't happen, I will not be going there."

I'm not one to react wildly about tweets. But there have been other tweets prior to this that made me think he was having second thoughts. I'm probably wrong.... But my gut is usually right.

Anybody have anything to share?

Is there an update about is grades/qualification? Be crazy to think he is second guessing joining the Huskers since he is the only defensive back in the entire class, which gives him a fantastic opportunity.

Does anyone know how long it will be before we know if he is qualified or not ? if its a sat/act score, that could be a few more weeks, but h.s. grades should be basically done, or very close to it.

Again, I'm not the typical reactionary to this stuff. But something seems up, despite agreeing with mb on the timing of it all.

Is there an update about is grades/qualification? Be crazy to think he is second guessing joining the Huskers since he is the only defensive back in the entire class, which gives him a fantastic opportunity.

What about Bookie?

Does anyone know how long it will be before we know if he is qualified or not ? if its a sat/act score, that could be a few more weeks, but h.s. grades should be basically done, or very close to it.
I believe he had to take another summer class like Newby had to do and wasn't expected til' just before the fall. But don't quote me on that. I wouldn't read too much into tweets, it will drive you insane.

Rivals saying the "I won't be going there" was in response to a Florida fan telling him the Gators still want him. Again, another example of not being able to get full context in 140 characters.

Last edited:

While I’m not sure on what Blades needs to do, his twitter activity last night was not promising.

If this doesn't happen I will not be going there...

— Elijah Blades (@savageszniv) June 7, 2017
Now, before you get all bent out shape over the mentions to that tweet, realize that Nebraska holds his Letter of Intent, and he can’t just “go to another school” because of that. If he’s not going to get past the NCAA Clearinghouse with Nebraska, then the odds of him doing it with another school simply do not exist.

Blades would probably have to go the JUCO route, and the lone Defensive Back in the ‘17 cycle would not be in Lincoln. Mike Riley did state that he expects everyone to qualify for classes in August, so maybe it’s not as bad as we think. Still, the thought of a kid of Blades’ talent not in Lincoln would be seen down the line somewhere.
http://www.cornnation.com/2017/6/7/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

we really need this kid to pass this class and get here, we dont want a year without a DB, and he is super talented..... good luck mr blades, this is worth working for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back