• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado student section removed

North Cove

Scout Team
20 Year Member
What year was it when NU was playing at CU and this happened ? I have told my 13 year old about this but can't find anything on the web about it. Anyone...?

I wasn't there for that, but I was in the '80's for the bathroom fights and the '90's for the piss bags and snowballs. I wonder if they're mellower now with all the legal doobage and all.

http://www.denverpost.com/2005/11/26/barnett-safe-as-cu-hurts-its-image/
What year was it when NU was playing at CU and this happened ? I have told my 13 year old about this but can't find anything on the web about it. Anyone...?
http://www.denverpost.com/2005/11/26/barnett-safe-as-cu-hurts-its-image/

Here you go direct quote from the Denver paper.
Bad went to worst in the fourth quarter, when disorderly jerks in seats reserved for CU students pelted the field with garbage – bottles, pompoms, anything not bolted down.

Referees were forced to stop the game for 10 minutes as peace was restored. Police cleared two sections of the stadium, but not before a TV network broadcasting the scene nationwide caught another “Animal House” moment for an institution that wants to be taken more seriously than a mindless party school.

I think there was some worse incidents vs Colorado State. If your using the google machine to show embarrassing moments.

Last edited:

Colorado is still stupid.

Back in 2001 when we edged them by 0.05 pts in the BCS Rankings, my dad was giving out wooden Buffalo Nickels to all the Buff fans he knew.

I understand from a family member living there, Colorado's out of state attendance dropped after that embarrassment on national TV. That had to hurt.

I was in Colorado for the game in 1966(?) when rocks in snowballs were thrown at the band and some fans. That year all the NU fans were put in the horseshoe and there were quite a few of us. The "fun" thing for opposing fans back then was to steal NU fan's red Stetsons. I recall one brave CU student ran into the NU section and grabbed some guy's hat and immediately started hoofing towards the CU student section. The NU guy chased him down the steps, leaped off the wall at the bottom, and tackled the CU jerk in mid-air. By this time the hat was the least of the issue. The NU fan picked the CU fan up by the neck and the seat of his pants and proceeded to carry the hapless fan to the student section whereupon the NU fan heaved the CU fan into the third or fourth row. The Husker side erupted into thunderous applause. It was probably one of my best memories of following the team in those early years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back