• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

COACHING SEARCH

No were not, that's a falsehood.

Get the correct coach in here and we are competing for the Big Ten West with Wisconsin in two Years, with OSU in four years.

Why do I say this, because what you need is to find a staff that can really teach the talent that is here which is good (and highly under developed) add to that 2-3 classes that have a few true difference makers which none of the last three classes have had.

Last difference makers were Abdullah (O) and David (D). Imagine if we had Jonathan Taylor and an O-line coach, scary isn't it :). Because I will take Decker over the Wisconsin center, and he is young, much to develop physically. But we have no one to teach him the ins and outs of line play so that he can grow mentally too so that my prophecy above will come not true UNLESS we get a new staff.
Great post.Hope you are right. I was just meaning that I question how much energy and toughness an old coach has who may have had a good run somewhere else.If we were to get another like this one,we could be in for a long rebuilding job.

No we aren't if the right guy is hired. Nonsense. Talent is here. It needs coached out!
Very true on the coach and current talent. I am just saying I would like to see a younger coach.If the right coach turns out to be older,then so be it.Just don’t feel good about maybe getting an old washed up coach who had a good team years ago.JMO. I will always be a Husker fan period.

Very true on the coach and current talent. I am just saying I would like to see a younger coach.If the right coach turns out to be older,then so be it.Just don’t feel good about maybe getting an old washed up coach who had a good team years ago.JMO. I will always be a Husker fan period.
will you quit with the age stuff, I'm 64 and still fully functional thank you :)

I am 63. A couple of months ago I ran 9 miles at an 8:15 per mile clip. There's still a lot of miles left on this 63 year old. BTW, one of my friends is also 63 and he ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) this July at 6:20 per mile clip.

Whoever he feels gives him the best chance to win. If not, I'm sure he'll fetch one, like most really good coaches do. Coach them up.
You implied he we have what is needed and for a Frost QB, you need mobility and dual threat none of which we seem to possess at this time. Hard to coach up what you aint got.

Last edited:

I am 63. A couple of months ago I ran 9 miles at an 8:15 per mile clip. There's still a lot of miles left on this 63 year old. BTW, one of my friends is also 63 and he ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) this July at 6:20 per mile clip.
Good for you, but you wont mind if I just ride my bike?

Neither of them can run a zone read or option football.
Agreed that neither one is a natural or prototype for the zone read, but they both appear to have some mobility. They wouldn't be threats to break 50-yard runs, but I think Gebbia or O'Brien could run some read plays. Traditional option plays might be a stretch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back