1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Coaching search....

Discussion in 'Men's Basketball' started by NE FREAK, Jan 21, 2019.

1. NE FREAK

NE FREAK Recruit 5 Year Member

Who will be the next Huskers Mens basketball coach?

huskermike likes this.
  2. djlhuskerfan

djlhuskerfan Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

3. Goal-line

Goal-line Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Me

CrnhskrBob likes this.
  4. Bamsker

Bamsker Recruit 5 Year Member

We certainly are not seeing e team that is playing to it's potential. The loss to Rutgers proves it. I don't know who we hire, but Miles is not the answer.

5. Hosskerz

Hosskerz Recruit 5 Year Member

My first games were in the late 70s with Jack Moore and Andre Smith. I’ve always been a fan and many years a season ticket holder. I love watching them and rooting for them, and I realize that they have never been good other than a season here or there, but yes I can and do expect more.

Miles has had long enough. Time to move on and try again.

6. Fromunda Cheese

Fromunda Cheese Scout Team 10 Year Member

Not Lue, no college experience. Hoiberg has got to be on top of the list. I don't know if Lue would be in my top five

Husker Mort likes this.
  7. GIFRRO

GIFRRO Red Shirt 5 Year Member

Both Hoiberg and Lue would be great pics. Lue would walk into and living room and tell a recruit that he played for the Lakers and coached LeBron and won an NBA Championship and kids would consider NU in ways they havent before. Plus the kid can coach, hes shown that. You're crazy if you dont see the benefits. NU isnt getting Mike K or Roy Williams. Lue or Hoiberg would be great!

CrnhskrBob, CO4NU and NE FREAK like this.
  8. HuSkaBob

HuSkaBob Husker Geek 5 Year Member

Fred Hoiberg
    Michael Lewis
    Tyronn Lue/Cookie Belcher
    Insert name of some hot mid-major coach (John Groce/Tim Miles/etc)

9. wyopete

wyopete Recruit 5 Year Member

10. wyopete

wyopete Recruit 5 Year Member

Fred Hoiberg
    Steve Alford
    Ben Jacobenson - Northern Iowa

Husker Mort likes this.
  11. HuskerWeatherman

HuskerWeatherman Husker Fan 15 Year Member

Miles can get talent to come to Lincoln. It's not just about talent.

Hoiberg has proven himself to be both a solid recruiter and a great gameday coach with Iowa State. The problem with the Mayor is that he's going to be getting a lot of offers.

Nothing against Lue -- but we have no clue if he's a capable college coach. I'm not interested in a coach just because he can knock on a recruit's door and show a pic of him and LeBron together.

Anyhow, we'll need to see this year play out first. Miles isn't going anywhere for at least another two months.

Husker Mort and Sodak Dick like this.
  12. HuSkaBob

HuSkaBob Husker Geek 5 Year Member

That's where Cookie comes in - he's been a coach at IMG Academy for the last 10 years. It's not perfect, but it gets a lot better with those two working together.

13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash It’s one thing to read about dragons... 2 Year Member

I’m a huge Musselman guy but I’m not sure we could make a run at him now. He would be my #2 though behind Hoiberg. Then probably Lue #3.

14. Fromunda Cheese

Fromunda Cheese Scout Team 10 Year Member

This. Hasn't anyone learned from the Erstad failure? Just because you are a former Husker with a shiny championship ring doesn't mean you can coach college baseball or basketball.

Hoiberg first. Midwest ties, recruited and won in this area already at the collegiate level. Then maybe Beard at TTU (he'll be getting offers). If you can win in Lubbock you can win anywhere. Shaka Smart may be getting fired at Texas. Oats at Buffalo is doing more with less. Lue? Nebraska deserves better then an experiment. Again, as with Erstad, its not the fact you are hiring a former Husker legend, it's once you do, how do you get rid of them?

15. NavyWarrant

NavyWarrant Red Shirt 5 Year Member

Don't be shocked Fromunda, but I totally agree with you! I've been saying this on this about Lue. He would not be a good choice. He is not about developing players, he is known as a "players coach" which is code for one of the guys. It worked with Lebron, but won't work in college. The only way you hire him is if he has an amazing staff and he is just a figure head/recruiting closer.

Hoiberg would be my number one and Jon Scheyer at Duke would be my second. Pitt was able to get Capel to leave, offer Scheyer enough and he might leave Coach K's side. He is originally from Illinois, so he understands the Midwest.

HuskerWeatherman likes this.