• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Carousel?

AD27F3BB-E314-423B-8BB5-32ABA667EA98.jpeg

I'll second the notion that for the first time in how long, we get to enjoy keeping each member of our coaching staff after a season.

We will start seeing the dividends of this next year, mark my words.

We saw the improvement over the last 6 weeks of the season, 8 points away from winning 6 straight.

Edit - If Spielman was healthy and played against Iowa, we probably win that game. He is dynamic, more so than Morgan. Total game changer.

Last edited:

Yeah, after losing their "guy" to Temple, you almost have to wonder what went on, especially with them knowing they had a short window to get him back. But if it was truly "retire or hire new staff" instead of retiring, I would force them to fire me so that they had to pay the MILLIONS like we did with Bo and MR.
Bo and MR WHO?

Big get for Houston, if true. And a bit of a PR nightmare for WV. I'm trying to think of another instance in which a P5 HC left to become a G5 HC. Can't think of any off the top of my head.
Houston belongs in the B12 way more than WVU does. May still happen too!

This is just weird. Not sure what West Virginia was thinking letting him get away.
It may not be on WVU rather Holgerson may simply refused to sign an extension in order to get back closer to his neck of the woods.

I'll second the notion that for the first time in how long, we get to enjoy keeping each member of our coaching staff after a season.

We will start seeing the dividends of this next year, mark my words.

We saw the improvement over the last 6 weeks of the season, 8 points away from winning 6 straight.

Edit - If Spielman was healthy and played against Iowa, we probably win that game. He is dynamic, more so than Morgan. Total game changer.
Success brings coaching turnover. I hope we lose a couple of assistants to HC opportunities elsewhere ... because it will mean NU is having success on the field.

It may not be on WVU rather Holgerson may simply refused to sign an extension in order to get back closer to his neck of the woods.
Yea I'm not sure but one article I read appeared to say that WVU wasn't offering anything more but that could have been the writer's opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back