• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaches talk about new RB's

The opponent does not fear the RB if the know there will be no holes to run through.

And when they have a probability of about 85% where the back is going to go. No holes and predictable was a heckuva combination under Riley/Cav/Langs. Looking forward to backs with speed attacking multiple areas along/outside the line where there should be far more room to run.

Will probably not be pretty early and maybe for long stretches, but Frost will find a way to make it happen at some point. It almost MUST be better than last year just out of pure chance.

All backs need to be able to get the second level. That doesn’t happen unless the offensive line does its job.
The line needed some work but next season you'll see breakaway runs behind the same line. The line has be given too much blame you won't see Ozigbo or Wilbon in the backfield this season.

Last edited:
The line needed some work but next season you'll see breakaway runs behind the same line. The line has be given too much blame you won't see Ozigbo or Wilson in the backfield this season.

Who is Wilson? Don't think I've ever seen him in the backfield.

57A6C446-DBCB-45C7-9FD4-141355D9794F.jpeg
Who is Wilson? Don't think I've ever seen him in the backfield.
What, you never seen this guy!

The line needed some work but next season you'll see breakaway runs behind the same line. The line has be given too much blame you won't see Ozigbo or Wilbon in the backfield this season.

I absolutely disagree. The success or failure of every play starts with the o-line play. Our line play last year was the worst I have witnessed in all my years as a Husker fan, dating back to 1969-70.

Our line play last year was the worst I have witnessed in all my years as a Husker fan, dating back to 1969-70.

Makes me sad, but I agree 100%. And then HCMR has the gall to say, at the end of the year “gee golly, this is year three, but boys and girls, it felt like year one.” :Banghead:

Last edited:
I absolutely disagree. The success or failure of every play starts with the o-line play. Our line play last year was the worst I have witnessed in all my years as a Husker fan, dating back to 1969-70.
The truth about the offensive line will be revealed this season. If the running game drastically improves who gets the credit...the offensive line or the new running backs or new coordinator? The line will basically be the same.

The truth about the offensive line will be revealed this season. If the running game drastically improves who gets the credit...the offensive line or the new running backs or new coordinator? The line will basically be the same.

The players on the line will have the same numbers on their backs as last year, but after 8 months with Duvall, and spring and fall camps with Coach Austin, they won't play the same. Man, if you read the coaches comments about 2017, it's the o-line and Coach Austin that get a ton of credit for the turnaround. He's a very bright man - 2 masters degrees. Heck, watch the Peach Bowl again. Look what that o-line did to a physically superior group of Auburn d-linemen. I'm so happy for all those young o-linemen, they are about to get some real coaching.

Last edited:
I agree it was bad last year but for many years the D-Line has been in our backfield almost before the ball was even handed off!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back