• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches Poll Out (Huskers drop a spot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look the BCS does not work...and I think you know that and the fallout from this will perhaps help sink it.....

Bottom line is tell me how you pick Alabama over OSU?? That is what is being discussed here.....and the system is going to fail this year....thats a fact and piss allot fo people off....more folks will jump on the playoff bandwagon....

I respect you....but you what I'm saying...even you are not defending this with your usual vigor....because you really can't.....

FWIW, what if 3 BCS AQ teams go undefeated? So no your not in if you win out....if 3 teams go undefeated it could happen....then whats the excuse? Tweak the system again?

Have a little respect for someone elses opinion !!! Bully much??

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want a system that is fair....this isn't....

I could even live with a +1 inthe immediate future that would overcome a situation like this one....but in the long run a playoff is going to happen....like it or not....too much money to be made and situations like this will drive it that way....boosters like Pickens will raise holy hell...and that is what is needed to fix this....

I have to admit, I don't hate the BCS as much as you do. Because, I think part of its magic is that it creates debates like this that keep people interested. But, I can see where you are coming from...

And, on the other hand, I'm not strongly against a playoff either.

I just want a system that is fair....this isn't....

I could even live with a +1 inthe immediate future that would overcome a situation like this one....but in the long run a playoff is going to happen....like it or not....too much money to be made and situations like this will drive it that way....boosters like Pickens will raise holy hell...and that is what is needed to fix this....

I agree, playoff is inevitable. I made that point in the playoff thread.

Just having a spirited discussion...lighten up.....nothing disrespectful at all......

If anything your use of the word 'christ' as you did is disrespectful to many on this board....

Have a little respect for someone elses opinion !!! Bully much?? christ !!!!

Last edited:

Look the BCS does not work...and I think you know that and the fallout from this will perhaps help sink it.....

I think that the BCS works just fine. Please don't assign your positions/opinions to me ("I think you know that")

Bottom line is tell me how you pick Alabama over OSU?? That is what is being discussed here.....and the system is going to fail this year....thats a fact and piss allot fo people off....more folks will jump on the playoff bandwagon....

No, that's not a fact. It's your opinion. People can be pissed off all they want. Instead of pointing the finger, they should be pointing the thumb. Oklahoma State shouldn't have lost to a mediocre (at best) Iowa State team. Same goes for the other one-loss teams. Is it the BCS's fault that they lost those games? No.

I respect you....but you what I'm saying...even you are not defending this with your usual vigor....because you really can't.....

Quite frankly, it's difficult to discuss these things with you for a variety of reasons that I can't discuss publicly. I'll just say that I'm at an unfair disadvantage, and leave it at that.

FWIW, what if 3 BCS AQ teams go undefeated? So no your not in if you win out....if 3 teams go undefeated it could happen....then whats the excuse? Tweak the system again?

Well yeah because you like it....but its a mess this year....and has been all along...and yeah I hate it...it sucks.....

Yes, I don't think it's a mess because I "like" it better than a playoff (in all actuality, I would prefer the old bowl system, but don't let that stop you). You think it's a mess because you don't like it. We have a difference of opinion.

My question again...what happens next year if 3 teams go undefeated? Who gets in? What if Nebraska gets left out yet are 12/13-0....and they take an undefeated LSU vs and undefeated Oklahoma....are you okay with that? We did everything we should....you said win out and we are in....but we are left out....and it could happen...we both know that....

Yes, it could happen, and I would obviously be pushing for Nebraska to get in with a 13-0 regular season. If Nebraska happened to be left out, so be it. I'd be disappointed, but I'd still cheer for them in their bowl game. 14-0 season would be a monumental success, even without being named the BCS national champion.

You keep saying that. But, the real question here is, when multiple teams don't live up to that, how should the determination be made for who plays in the game?

Well, I'd start by creating two large pools of people familiar with the sport. Maybe one group could include current coaches, and the other group could be comprised of former players, coaches, administrators and media. Then, to help smooth out the bias in those two human components, I'd introduce some computer ranking systems. I'd combine all of those and get an average ranking that would give us a pretty darn good idea who the #2 team is.

For me, I want my champion to be very exclusive. I'd much rather exclude a potentially deserving team than make the mistake of including an undeserving team. An 8-team playoff (which seems to be the most popular choice) would include several teams that really don't deserve to be considered.

In addition, how many teams are we talking about that are being "left out" this season? There are three teams with one loss (not including Boise State). One of them will be in, leaving just two teams to bitch about the system. If we take the top 8 in playoff, we suddenly expand the pool of teams that would have a legitimate gripe. There are ELEVEN teams that have 2 losses, plus Boise State with one loss. If you assume the top 4 are automatically in, how do you choose the other 4 from those 12 teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back