• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches Poll Out (Huskers drop a spot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Go figure....

BCS is a mess to boot....wait for the howling from Stillwater....Michigan BCS elgible....

Rank
Team (first-place votes)

Record

Last week's poll

LSU (59)​

13-0​

1,475​

1​

11-1​

1,399​

2​

11-1​

1,367​

5​

Stanford

11-1​

1,286​

4​

Oregon

11-2​

1,232​

7​

11-1​

1,128​

8​

Arkansas

10-2​

1,112​

10​

11-2​

1,085​

12​

South Carolina

10-2​

971​

13​

Kansas State

10-2​

878​

15​

Virginia Tech

11-2​

835​

3​

10-2​

789​

16​

10-3​

735​

9​

Clemson

10-3​

657​

21​

TCU

10-2​

631​

17​

Baylor

9-3​

599​

18​

Houston

12-1​

542​

6​

Georgia

10-3​

538​

14​

Oklahoma

9-3​

437​

11​

Nebraska

9-3​

402​

19​

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm?SPSID=3065&SPID=212&DB_OEM_ID=400

Last edited:
One spot, 19 to 20, who cares? Regarding Michigan, they have to be top 14 int he BCS not the coaches. So they may end up being ineligible yet.

This might be the year the BCS finally is exposed for what it is....if OSu is left out there is going to be a chours of complaints to get rid of this system....finally...

Clemson jumping us is to be expected.

Doesn't really matter to me where Nebraska is ranked.. just care about the bowl game and matchup.

... and the first piece falls in the favor of Alabama... this is the real news... disappointing so far. :(

If this is the order of things in the BCS Poll, then T. Boone Pickens is going to raise a ruckus! This is going to be interesting before it is all said and done.

It does matter only in where we finish if we win...so the higher the better...

Yes very disappointing....and shows that the BCS is a mess....

Doesn't really matter to me where Nebraska is ranked.. just care about the bowl game and matchup.

... and the first piece falls in the favor of Alabama... this is the real news... disappointing so far. :(

The first piece did NOT fall in favor of Alabama. OSU closed in substantially. The point differential matters, and it swung in OSU's favor.

Last edited:
Yup and he can do that as good as any of them....interesting indeed....maybe this is the start of the end for the BCMess....

If this is the order of things in the BCS Poll, then T. Boone Pickens is going to raise a ruckus! This is going to be interesting before it is all said and done.

Lets see what the Harris Poll does....should give us a better indication....and all of this point difference and computers are crap anyway....always has been....

The first piece did NOT fall in favor of Alabama. OSU closed in substantially. The point differential matters, and it swing in OSU's favor.

It does matter only in where we finish if we win...so the higher the better...

Yes very disappointing....and shows that the BCS is a mess....

Honestly, I don't really care where we finish in the rankings this season (and most recent seasons). If the Huskers finish #14 or #24 doesn't really mean that much to me. If you told me we had a chance at top 10, I'd have interest. Otherwise, my lone concern is Nebraska winning.

It matters allot for preseason ranking....you lose and perhaps drop out of the Top 25...so yeah winning is something we need to and honestly have to do.....which we should be able to do against South Carolina....sans Latimore and a new QB at the helm....

Honestly, I don't really care where we finish in the rankings this season (and most recent seasons). If the Huskers finish #14 or #24 doesn't really mean that much to me. If you told me we had a chance at top 10, I'd have interest. Otherwise, my lone concern is Nebraska winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back