• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Co defense coordinator with Scott Frost new Kstate coach

Curious what their expectations will be. KSU's recruiting classes are, best case, in the 50s and usually in the 60s/70s. I really don't understand the lack of enthusiasm from KSU on this hire. He's been a STUD coach at the FCS level and even taken his team on the road to P5 programs and beaten them. I guess maybe they thought Venables was an option but think it's going to be pretty hard to pull him from Clemson unless it's a premier job.
Venables, Stoops etc. They wanted a splash hire for their " awesome team". They're half delusional sometimes. I saw alot of stuff on FB about wanting either of the two mentioned. They're going to have to give the guy some time to build what he's wants, but they'll fire him in 3-5 if he's not winning 7+ games. They're still stuck in the Snyder era of the late '90's and early 2000's.

Hate KSU and always have but as an NDSU alum i absolutely love Coach K. He is a class act and will make them play hard. Tough start as he is coaching this week at NDSU so will not recruit until at least Saturday and dead period Sunday. KSU put him in a tough spot waiting so long.
The whole early signing period is creating a different dynamic for coaching changes ... I suspect that there were so few coaching changes this year in large part because of the early signing period.

As for KSU I suspect they are probably more of a February signing period team .... kids who don't sign in early period - the 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 star kids are the kind KSU has to go after anyway.

Miles is the Huskers basketball coach, so that is apples to oranges. Klieman is the new football coach for that craptastic football program KSU.
Tim Miles should include this is his resume he presents to Moos at the end if the season.

TM to Moos: "Well, Bill, I think I've made great progress here. When people hear Miles they now think of me rather than KU's new football coach"

The whole early signing period is creating a different dynamic for coaching changes ... I suspect that there were so few coaching changes this year in large part because of the early signing period.

As for KSU I suspect they are probably more of a February signing period team .... kids who don't sign in early period - the 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 star kids are the kind KSU has to go after anyway.

One of the reasons K-State fans wanted a change was that Snyder did almost no in season recruiting putting K-State way behind. Klieman seems like a good hire but his success will depend on his ability to recruit at a P5 level. As a resident of the greater Little Apple metropolitan area, I preferred the Stan Parrish era. Folks were far less obnoxious about their purple and there was no need to plan around extra traffic on game days.

Curious what their expectations will be. KSU's recruiting classes are, best case, in the 50s and usually in the 60s/70s. I really don't understand the lack of enthusiasm from KSU on this hire. He's been a STUD coach at the FCS level and even taken his team on the road to P5 programs and beaten them. I guess maybe they thought Venables was an option but think it's going to be pretty hard to pull him from Clemson unless it's a premier job.

I concur with ksuhusker. There have been persistent rumors for several years of Venables coming back. People were convinced that would happen and anything other than that would be a let down. Most would have been happy with Littrell, too

KU 's hire of Les Miles has raised the stakes and there is some fear of falling behind the Jayhawks. Im not convinced Miles will have great success at KU but the perception on the part of some fans is that KU hired the better coach and falling behind KU in football would not go over well here.

K-State can go suck it for all I care. They tried to break Crouch's neck, and the ref didn't see nuthin'. KSU can rot right along with Texass, FSU, PSU and while I'm at it, Tennessee too.
Your list, your choice, but if I were to make a Top 5 Notre Dame would need to be #1. Their grandiose, self-posturing, "look at our history, we don't need a conference, work around our needs, we're Notre Dame" delusional attitude is a nasty rotten anchor in college football. I hope they get beat into submission by Clemson. 28-0 at the end of the 1st would be a nice start.

Texas comes in at #2. We all know about them. Have they ruined another conference lately? Both Mississippi and Ole Piss deserve some consideration. I don't think there are two other teams in the country that garner so much (undeserved) hype every year. Perhaps it's an SEC/ESPN thing.

PSU, their scandal was absolutely horrible. KSU is/was a Johnny-Come-Lately that came close but never made it to the top [a big "thank you" to Texas A&M in 1998]. I've worked with and met numerous KSU fans and they were (are) an ugly group with a trailer trash nastiness toward Nebraska.

K-State can go suck it for all I care. They tried to break Crouch's neck, and the ref didn't see nuthin'. KSU can rot right along with Texass, FSU, PSU and while I'm at it, Tennessee too.
^ Exhibit #73529 for the case why other fans hate the Huskers.

OK, so maybe I feel the same about the whorns and OhSU...

I always thought of KSU more like a little brother. Obnoxious, but usually I don't mind having them around.

I have become an adopted NDSU fan from living down in Dallas. They are here every year for the FCS championship and so we've made friends with a lot of the folks and follow the team pretty closely. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling to see Klieman get the KSU job. Love that a bigger school is recognizing him for what he's done but hate that it's KSU.

Now I'll be following who NDSU decides to hire.
I was in Frisco for the FCS NC in 2015 when they (barely) beat Illinois State (my nephew played for the Redbirds).

And we went to Fargo for the regular season meeting in 2016. Talk about hospitality -- I was almost ashamed -- NDSU fans make Husker fans look rude in comparison.

I was in Frisco for the FCS NC in 2015 when they (barely) beat Illinois State (my nephew played for the Redbirds).

And we went to Fargo for the regular season meeting in 2016. Talk about hospitality -- I was almost ashamed -- NDSU fans make Husker fans look rude in comparison.

I was actually at that game as well. It was pretty cold for us down here that whole weekend but it was a terrific game. That was when ISU had the former Indiana QB and he tore up that NDSU defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back