• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Co defense coordinator with Scott Frost new Kstate coach

Red Blitz

Recruit
10 Year Member
upload_2018-12-10_23-17-46.jpeg

I didn’t know KSU even needed a coach. Who will sign a better class? Miles or Klieman? Who will get better results? This will be interesting to watch.

I didn’t know KSU even needed a coach. Who will sign a better class? Miles or Klieman? Who will get better results? This will be interesting to watch.
Miles is the Huskers basketball coach, so that is apples to oranges. Klieman is the new football coach for that craptastic football program KSU.

Hate KSU and always have but as an NDSU alum i absolutely love Coach K. He is a class act and will make them play hard. Tough start as he is coaching this week at NDSU so will not recruit until at least Saturday and dead period Sunday. KSU put him in a tough spot waiting so long.

K-State can go suck it for all I care. They tried to break Crouch's neck, and the ref didn't see nuthin'. KSU can rot right along with Texass, FSU, PSU and while I'm at it, Tennessee too.
Your anger is so refreshing. I too will sign on the dotted line with you. With that said, I think the hot sauce was runneth over last night.

Last edited:
I have become an adopted NDSU fan from living down in Dallas. They are here every year for the FCS championship and so we've made friends with a lot of the folks and follow the team pretty closely. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling to see Klieman get the KSU job. Love that a bigger school is recognizing him for what he's done but hate that it's KSU.

Now I'll be following who NDSU decides to hire.

So far all I've heard down here, is can he recruit? Guess we'll see.

Curious what their expectations will be. KSU's recruiting classes are, best case, in the 50s and usually in the 60s/70s. I really don't understand the lack of enthusiasm from KSU on this hire. He's been a STUD coach at the FCS level and even taken his team on the road to P5 programs and beaten them. I guess maybe they thought Venables was an option but think it's going to be pretty hard to pull him from Clemson unless it's a premier job.

The one thing I will wonder about is with some of the coaching turnover at schools geographically close, the impact of new hires on Husker juco recruiting. I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I simply wonder. With Kansas a dumpster fire and K-State basically a "why should I go there when this guy will probably retire any minute" situation, new coaches at these places making tons of empty promises of immediate playing time could "maybe" cause some interesting situations with local quality junior colleges in the Midwest. We'll have to wait and see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back