• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Clickbait Headline: Frost "questions" Saban’s QB handling in Final

Frost's personality will not allow him to be closed mouth in typical coach speak fashion. He's pretty open and honest from what I've seen. I'm sure if he gets a ration of crap ever time he answers a question, regardless of the content of his answer, he may start to scale back that openness but I honestly hope not. I dislike the generic, coach speak answer to everything we hear from so many these days.

I was thinking this too. Enough media beatdowns and a coach finally decides to go Belichik. He doesn't even bother with coachspeak anymore, really.

Memo to our new Head Coach Scott Frost:

You better stop speaking the truth my man. Some on here might deem you not to be "Classy". Don't say I didn't warn you. Good luck next year.

Pretty innocuous statement by Frost and something I thought when watching the game. Didn't know at the time if he'd played at all or if they were going to redshirt him, but he sure looked to clearly be the better player.

Don't worry, Scott has filed this away in the "Questions not to answer honestly" file that he may or may not bring out in the future depending upon the circumstances.

Memo to our new Head Coach Scott Frost:

You better stop speaking the truth my man. Some on here might deem you not to be "Classy". Don't say I didn't warn you. Good luck next year.

Yep. And others find it refreshing, but understand if you decide honesty to the press is not worth it in the long run.

You are wrong. Others must have read and understood my post, but you clearly swung and missed. Frost did say:

“The other answer is that [Tagovailoa] was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn’t."

That is clearly a "swipe" at Saban, which was pointed out by the writers. Not really something we should be encouraging.

You can think whatever you want, and you can claim whatever you want. Context is everything, and if you are going to pass judgement on someone using a journalistic gotcha without any context included, then that is up to you.

You are wrong. Others must have read and understood my post, but you clearly swung and missed. Frost did say:

“The other answer is that [Tagovailoa] was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn’t."

That is clearly a "swipe" at Saban, which was pointed out by the writers. Not really something we should be encouraging.

You can think whatever you want, and you can claim whatever you want. Context is everything, and if you are going to pass judgement on someone using a journalistic gotcha without any context included, then that is up to you.

If a person reads the COMPLETE interview with SF, there is no misunderstanding and nobody including Saban should be butt hurt.

The problem with what you are posting is that Frost did not say any of those things, JOURNALISTS did. They took Frost's quote, and then extrapolated it to be whatever they wanted it to be. Journalists do that sort of thing, constantly. Not just in sports, but politic, music, fashion, heck even local school board meetings are not too low for journalists to go to misrepresent something.

ToroRed's Rule of Life #6: The media are jackals. Rule of Life #7: Never talk to jackals.

Learned that lesson the hard way when a reporter published something that I said WAY out of context.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back