1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Class of 2018, who steps up?

Discussion in 'Football' started by ShortSideOption, Feb 5, 2019.

1. GIFRRO

GIFRRO Red Shirt 5 Year Member

I know he's not 2018 but I hope dismuke gets it going bevabec watching him the last few years he sure has mass potential. Looks fast and is a hitter. I think he could play like Antono Reed at the end of last year

2. AzHusker

AzHusker All Legend 10 Year Member

We don't have a Jordan Akins, that's for sure

Stoll is serviceable run blocking and catching short, possession-type passes, but he will never threaten down the field (can be easily covered by LB's). Hoping Legrone has some wheels (and of course, can block too). Let’s not forget Hickman...and this staff gives opportunity to all players, not just the upperclassmen.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    HuskerSuperGenius likes this.
  3. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

He's a good dark horse candidate to start. They gave him a lot of opportunities last year to prove himself.

4. HuskerSuperGenius

HuskerSuperGenius Hit hard and Hustle,nothing else matters

Azhusker

I think their maybe a Jordan Akins on the roster, we just haven't found/developed him yet.
    Legrone and Hickman are two viable candidates.

Plus Martinez needs the growth as a QB to find the TE in the middle of the field, its a harder read than some of the others in Scott's system. Confidence that your O-line is going to give you the time to make that read is important as well :).

in 2019 imagine opponents having to defend the deep middle, backing the safeties (both of them out of the box) with the kind of speed we will have at RB and the Duck-R position: can you say "Big Plays all Day"! Our time of possession will be last in the Big Ten while we lead the Big Ten in scoring LOL.
    GBR

AzHusker likes this.
  5. AzHusker

AzHusker All Legend 10 Year Member

Definitely true that about Martinez making use of the TE - and of course the OL giving him time to do so. And with some of the speed freaks at WR dragging off the coverage, it can only help open up that middle of the field zone.

6. Discoverer27

Discoverer27 Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I followed Cam Jones recruitment pretty close and read quite a few articles about him. I think he would have got some playing time last fall if he hadn't gotten hurt. Pretty sure he is a hitter.