• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Christian Tutt: To commit this week Nebraska appears to be out of consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.
SF isn't coming to Lincoln as an AHC, he's not even coming as the HC, anytime soon. I'm kinda surprised you'd even type that out and push send, it's quite silly at best.

I agree its silly....but I wouldn't say SF isn't coming anytime soon. He's at a middling school right now. He's not going to be satisfied for too long. If he has a good stretch he's going to be looking for the next level. And even with our struggles, NU is still the next level. UCF has its charm but if he has success he won't be there in 3 years, and I'd bet MR won't be here in 3 years....

I agree its silly....but I wouldn't say SF isn't coming anytime soon. He's at a middling school right now. He's not going to be satisfied for too long. If he has a good stretch he's going to be looking for the next level. And even with our struggles, NU is still the next level. UCF has its charm but if he has success he won't be there in 3 years, and I'd bet MR won't be here in 3 years....
Florida is one of those states, where, they literally can recruit in state, for all of their players and win NC's. UCF is in the middle of the state, and it's not unfathomable for SF and staff to build UCF into a contender for the National Championship within a few short years. That is his stated goal, and I believe he will do everything possible to see that through.

I can't see SF pulling a Schnellenberger, and bolting what he is creating after just a few short years. Now, if they fail to build that juggernaut, but are still having some decent success, then perhaps, with a P5 offer, and a fat contract, yea, he'd probably move forward. Not going to happen this year or next, and I am 100% of believing that.

Florida is one of those states, where, they literally can recruit in state, for all of their players and win NC's. UCF is in the middle of the state, and it's not unfathomable for SF and staff to build UCF into a contender for the National Championship within a few short years. That is his stated goal, and I believe he will do everything possible to see that through.

I can't see SF pulling a Schnellenberger, and bolting what he is creating after just a few short years. Now, if they fail to build that juggernaut, but are still having some decent success, then perhaps, with a P5 offer, and a fat contract, yea, he'd probably move forward. Not going to happen this year or next, and I am 100% of believing that.

Lots of athletes and lots of competition for those athletes. FSU, FL, Miami and USF pick before UCF. Not to mention half the SEC. He's not going to win a NC at UCF...no one from the AAC is going to win a NC. Heck, the only thing keeping FSU, Miami and Florida from winning NC's is FSU, Miami and Florida. They thin that talent out.

ACC Conference championships are going to be a grind with USF, Memphis, ECU. I'm pulling for him but a P5 offer is a P5 offer, whether its next year or 5 years from now. IMO if NU comes calling with 5 million he's not turning it down unless someone with a bigger wallet steps up or he just has an aversion to coming back to Lincoln...which he might. I suspect some day we will find out but he still speaks highly of his alma mater.

Lots of athletes and lots of competition for those athletes. FSU, FL, Miami and USF pick before UCF. Not to mention half the SEC. He's not going to win a NC at UCF...no one from the AAC is going to win a NC. Heck, the only thing keeping FSU, Miami and Florida from winning NC's is FSU, Miami and Florida. They thin that talent out.
You literally have no way of knowing this, even if it proves, over time, to be true. Parity has become the norm, and with good recruiting, great coaching(which every one on here that wants Frost, seems to believe is true) a big school like UCF, can win a NC. It wasn't that long ago that people thought that Miami would never win a NC. Instead, they essentially dominated in the mid/late 80's and then again in the very early 2,000's. UCF is in a hot bed of talent, and SF is a hot commodity, and kids feed off of that. They start knocking off bigger teams, all bets are off. I'm not saying Frost and UCF actually win a NC, but that is Frost's goal while there. He's going to do his best to see that happen, whether it does or not, he's not bolting for a minute.

You literally have no way of knowing this, even if it proves, over time, to be true. Parity has become the norm, and with good recruiting, great coaching(which every one on here that wants Frost, seems to believe is true) a big school like UCF, can win a NC. It wasn't that long ago that people thought that Miami would never win a NC. Instead, they essentially dominated in the mid/late 80's and then again in the very early 2,000's. UCF is in a hot bed of talent, and SF is a hot commodity, and kids feed off of that. They start knocking off bigger teams, all bets are off. I'm not saying Frost and UCF actually win a NC, but that is Frost's goal while there. He's going to do his best to see that happen, whether it does or not, he's not bolting for a minute.

All reasonable....but he will bolt when the money shows up (unless UCF opens up the check book). Whether its NU or someone else. If he has even reasonable success at UCF this year or next his resume will get him a serious look when the coaching changes fire up at the end of every season like they do. NU just happens to be in the discussion but other teams will be looking too. I hope he has great success but in the back of my mind I still think UCF was a risky choice for SF. He stumbles and all those kids feeding off the excitement start feeding somewhere else just down the road.
You and I will wait and see. My hope is MR turns NU into a competitor and rides off into retirement with a B1G trophy and a Final 4 run. Then SF can come home later.

All reasonable....but he will bolt when the money shows up (unless UCF opens up the check book). Whether its NU or someone else. If he has even reasonable success at UCF this year or next his resume will get him a serious look when the coaching changes fire up at the end of every season like they do. NU just happens to be in the discussion but other teams will be looking too. I hope he has great success but in the back of my mind I still think UCF was a risky choice for SF. He stumbles and all those kids feeding off the excitement start feeding somewhere else just down the road.
You and I will wait and see. My hope is MR turns NU into a competitor and rides off into retirement with a B1G trophy and a Final 4 run. Then SF can come home later.
Cool, I can really dig this post. I can agree with all of it. And of course, GO BIG RED!!!!

Parity has become the norm, and with good recruiting, great coaching(which every one on here that wants Frost, seems to believe is true) a big school like UCF, can win a NC. It wasn't that long ago that people thought that Miami would never win a NC. Instead, they essentially dominated in the mid/late 80's and then again in the very early 2,000's. UCF is in a hot bed of talent, and SF is a hot commodity, and kids feed off of that. They start knocking off bigger teams, all bets are off. I'm not saying Frost and UCF actually win a NC, but that is Frost's goal while there. He's going to do his best to see that happen, whether it does or not, he's not bolting for a minute.

You literally know that he will not come here?

And you and every one else, literally have no clue that he will. Standoff matie.
You're right. I have no clue. I didn't make a definitive statement one way or the other. I was not trying to start an argument with you, just thought maybe you know SF personally and had some insider info, hence the question. Anyways, all is good. Cheers! GBR!

SF isn't coming to Lincoln as an AHC, he's not even coming as the HC, anytime soon. I'm kinda surprised you'd even type that out and push send, it's quite silly at best.

I know this thread is reserved for Tutt so I hate to continue with this digression, BUT....
I think we realize over the course of the past year that ANYTHING is possible.
Yes...SF COULD show up in Lincoln in the not too distant future, not that I necessarily support the departure of MR or for that matter any radical change at this point.
I'm kinda surprised you'd even type that out and push send, it's quite silly at best.

Last edited:

Woah, Woah, Woah...easy now. National Championship contender? In a few short years? That's not very likely. IMPO, a non power 5 team will have an extremely difficult time making it into the playoffs unless they bump it to 8 teams. I agree with the recruiting benefits at UCF, and I could see him getting them to 8, 9 wins but I think if he does that he'll get power 5 offers and will jump ship for the right one. They all do.

Not only is UCF secondary to FSU, UF, and Miami but currently they are also secondary to USF. UCF is what Houston is in Texas. A potential nice story but not a NC player and not a team that is going to be great year in, year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back