• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chris Cornell Dead At 52

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Happned after the Soundgarden show in Detroit last night. Unknown what the cause was. Autopsy to determine it.

Prayers to his family.

Heard about this on the way in this morning. Damn, we've lost some good ones over the last year. Dude had an incredible voice.

RIP, Chris.

I've been a huge soundgarden fan for a long time. Last Friday, I saw them in concert. Cornell sounded as good as ever. This sucks. He is one of my favorite vocalists. RIP Chris Cornell.

Last song Chris sang before he died. I think this is one of the all time great rock vocal performances.

So strange. I thought he had been sober for years. The band was in the middle of a tour, and they were working on a new album. Seems like such a strange time to commit suicide. But I have no idea what personal demons he was struggling with. TMZ is reporting that Chris' wife asked a family friend to check on him. The family friend forced their way into Chris' room and found him with a band around his neck. Probably suicide unless Chris was into some David Carradine stuff.

I'll post this here, instead of the other thread. The guy had a one of a kind voice, sad day for music. Hope he finds peace in his eternal here after. RIP

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back