• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Chris Bleich Commits To UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This young man may well be a silent commit as he lives in the very heart of Penn State territory and is putting off the announcement. He's going to get a lot of flack for decommitting from dear old state.

I have noticed speculation on other boards that there may be two silent commits in Riley's pocket. What do you guys think? CB and Josh Moore? Roberts? Goodrich? Jordan Moore?

Last edited:

Mr. Bleich,

Thank you for considering our university. You won't be disappointed. See you in June. And then again in January or August 2018.

I have noticed speculation on other boards that there may be two silent commits in Riley's pocket. What do you guys think? CB and Josh Moore? Roberts? Goodrich? Jordan Moore?

Coach himself said there were two silent a few weeks back so no from the horses mouth.

Goodrich seems to be one of the two for most accounts and beyond that no clue.

Nowadays you need a quarterback that at least can know when to pass the ball and can throw it accurately. While the rest of the recruiting is very important, it pales beside the need for a serviceable QB and generally speaking, if you want to win big, you need a good QB. So I take those arguments that we out recruited everyone the last few years and put it along side of our last 8 years of quarterbacking and I understand whey we didn't win conference titles or even division ones.
Finally someone has nailed the reason for our failure to win big games the last eight years. Neither Martinez or Armstrong had the passing skills to go along with their running skills to get us over the hump. Now with the three QBs that we have, perhaps we can get the big wins that we have been seeking for so long.

Finally someone has nailed the reason for our failure to win big games the last eight years. Neither Martinez or Armstrong had the passing skills to go along with their running skills to get us over the hump. Now with the three QBs that we have, perhaps we can get the big wins that we have been seeking for so long.

I have always said the biggest thing in a coaching change is the new staff finding a QB who fits their system. You see all the time on every level of football, when a college or NFL team fires a coach, they generally look for the opposite with their next hire. Whether its a defensive minded coach replacing an offensive minded one or a laid back coach following a coach who got fired up.

What this means is generally you are seeing a completely new offense and/or defense being installed, usually both. Diaco's 3-4 is showing everyone how different players with a different skillset or body type will need to be recruited to fill certain roles. The pro-style offense that Riley has wanted to install since he got here can finally be fully integrated. He got to Nebraska too late to recruit a guy in 2015, although Joe Burrow was pursued (and IMPO would have been the starter last year). He hit the lottery with Tanner Lee as a transfer and has recruited two ideal fits to help build the room. Langsdorf can finally implement his offense and have these guys learn and grow into it. If Lee, POB and Gebbia come close to living up to their hype, with the way they are recruiting, Nebraska is going to be VERY competitive for the foreseeable future IMO.

With how the depth chart sets up and the guys they have in the system, if Tanner Lee comes back next year, IMPO Nebraska is going to be a legit threat to win the Big Ten and be a playoff dark horse. So many guys will be back in this defense and youngsters will be stepping up all over the depth chart on both sides of the ball. Diaco's defense will have a huge jump in year 2 IMPO and Nebraska will return basically its entire OL for a 3rd year of starting together. All of their skill position players will return outside of DPE and they have crazy fire power slated to come in next year at WR, along with Lindsey this summer. They lose Jones and Kalu in the secondary, but they have Elijah Blades coming in and along with Bookie, will add another couple studs at DB (already have) in the 2018 class. They'll be brining in a top 5-10 WR and DB class nationally on signing day IMO. Yeah, I think 2018 is going to be an 11-win year with the chance to make noise nationally.

I have always said the biggest thing in a coaching change is the new staff finding a QB who fits their system. You see all the time on every level of football, when a college or NFL team fires a coach, they generally look for the opposite with their next hire. Whether its a defensive minded coach replacing an offensive minded one or a laid back coach following a coach who got fired up.

What this means is generally you are seeing a completely new offense and/or defense being installed, usually both. Diaco's 3-4 is showing everyone how different players with a different skillset or body type will need to be recruited to fill certain roles. The pro-style offense that Riley has wanted to install since he got here can finally be fully integrated. He got to Nebraska too late to recruit a guy in 2015, although Joe Burrow was pursued (and IMPO would have been the starter last year). He hit the lottery with Tanner Lee as a transfer and has recruited two ideal fits to help build the room. Langsdorf can finally implement his offense and have these guys learn and grow into it. If Lee, POB and Gebbia come close to living up to their hype, with the way they are recruiting, Nebraska is going to be VERY competitive for the foreseeable future IMO.

With how the depth chart sets up and the guys they have in the system, if Tanner Lee comes back next year, IMPO Nebraska is going to be a legit threat to win the Big Ten and be a playoff dark horse. So many guys will be back in this defense and youngsters will be stepping up all over the depth chart on both sides of the ball. Diaco's defense will have a huge jump in year 2 IMPO and Nebraska will return basically its entire OL for a 3rd year of starting together. All of their skill position players will return outside of DPE and they have crazy fire power slated to come in next year at WR, along with Lindsey this summer. They lose Jones and Kalu in the secondary, but they have Elijah Blades coming in and along with Bookie, will add another couple studs at DB (already have) in the 2018 class. They'll be brining in a top 5-10 WR and DB class nationally on signing day IMO. Yeah, I think 2018 is going to be an 11-win year with the chance to make noise nationally.

You're a genius.

Love it.

This sounds good and I would add that this year I expect to see incremental improvement week to week. So that by the time we get to Wisky we will be pretty good.

Me on my way to work after reading this post.

f8eed0531e29640ddf709b1d58dbec79.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We are full at WR. Five schollies at one position in a small class in this class is ridiculous, imo.

Is this assuming that Josh Moore is N? Even then that gives them 4 commits at the position, as Chase Williams will play DB. Also don't be surprised to see Williams continue to recruit WR even with a commit from Moore, most don't see Fuller signing with Nebraska.

We are full at WR. Five schollies at one position in a small class in this class is ridiculous, imo.

I like to think the coaches know more than I, but 5 scholarship WR's in one class that is indeed smaller than normal does seem to be a bit much. With a class of less than 20 likely I find myself asking what position do you short change?

You will always have 5 offensive lineman on the field. You will always have 3 defensive lineman on the field. You will always have 1 QB's, 2-3 linebackers and 4 DB's. With normally 4 linebackers and at least 1 running back. WR's can go from 1 to 5 with normal being 3.

So for a normal lineup assume

5OL
1QB
1RB
1TE
3WR's

3DL
4LB's
4DB's

And a kicker possibly.

That's a total of 23. Let's assume we have room for 19 scholarships and we sign a kicker. That means we have 18 scholarships left for 22 player positions. We will be 4 short in other words. If we sign 5 WR's we are now 6 positions short in the class and signing 2 more than normal at WR. Now we have 5 WR all in the same class 2 of whom will normally not be on the field in a 3 WR set. Not the greatest roster management in my opinion.

On the other hand we may not end up with 5 on signing day and it's not entirely the staff's fault we are currently short on WR's. Seems like an ideal year to sign 3 high school WR's and add a Juco WR but I have no idea if any Juco's are good enough and interested in Nebraska.

I like to think the coaches know more than I, but 5 scholarship WR's in one class that is indeed smaller than normal does seem to be a bit much. With a class of less than 20 likely I find myself asking what position do you short change?

You will always have 5 offensive lineman on the field. You will always have 3 defensive lineman on the field. You will always have 1 QB's, 2-3 linebackers and 4 DB's. With normally 4 linebackers and at least 1 running back. WR's can go from 1 to 5 with normal being 3.

So for a normal lineup assume

5OL
1QB
1RB
1TE
3WR's

3DL
4LB's
4DB's

And a kicker possibly.

That's a total of 23. Let's assume we have room for 19 scholarships and we sign a kicker. That means we have 18 scholarships left for 22 player positions. We will be 4 short in other words. If we sign 5 WR's we are now 6 positions short in the class and signing 2 more than normal at WR. Now we have 5 WR all in the same class 2 of whom will normally not be on the field in a 3 WR set. Not the greatest roster management in my opinion.

On the other hand we may not end up with 5 on signing day and it's not entirely the staff's fault we are currently short on WR's. Seems like an ideal year to sign 3 high school WR's and add a Juco WR but I have no idea if any Juco's are good enough and interested in Nebraska.

Won't be taking 5 WRs this class. Not sure where SoCal is getting his "info"...3-4 is the number NU is aiming for (which is exactly what we need).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back