• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charlton Warren

I see him as head coach of the Air Force Academy some day. Great reputation with young people and a solid recruited. Some guys just can't stay in one place too long.

He's a smart guy he'll learn something at every stop. He'll get a head coaching job when he believes he's ready.

And where will he be coaching two years from now? Most likely not at Tennessee.

Good coach, good recruiter... just doesn't stay too long anywhere. If he's getting more money for what otherwise appears to be another lateral move, then good for him.

I'm not sure what ppl mean when they say he hasn't stayed very many places for long. He was at AF from 2005-2013 and maybe the only reason he didn't stick around long for us was because of the coaching change. He was basically kept on in the short term to help coordinate the recruiting class during that transition period and I think UT is an obvious step up over UNC so that job change makes a ton of sense as well.

If he's able to find the right location, I could certainly see him sticking around but like anything else, it always depends on finding the right situation.

Good coach and great recruiter. Hope things work out well for him.. except when/if they play us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back