• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Chance of Frost increases in Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfish

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
With the likelihood of Scott Frost returning to the Huskers, where is his level of recruiting? How many guys do we lose and how many do we hang on to? If I'm a receiver, I'm staying.... Scotty threw the ball all over the place in the games I watched. Certainly a more high octane offense than anything we have seen around here in the last 3 years.

I was here when this was just a thread of it's own.
Its like the alien in 'The Thing'.
It just absorbs everything it touches.

donniegreen_escapefrom.jpg

His staff has a strong history in JUCOs, particularly within the Midwest, so I'd be optimistic he could find some quick fix replacements in areas he sees as gaps. It would be interesting to see if he could pull any of his speed guys from their class and get them to come up here.. I don't know what the admissions processes are like between each school but I'd have to imagine ours are a bit more difficult so how that impacts things is also something to consider.

Overall, I think we have a pretty decent class of recruits left. Moore is an absolute stud who would thrive in that offense - same with Goodrich. I'd expect them to try and keep a good number of our currently committed players

I'm just planning on them all leaving and so I'll be happy when half stay.

I don't expect a situation like Baylor was in when they fired Briles and had two recruits in January.

His staff has a strong history in JUCOs, particularly within the Midwest, so I'd be optimistic he could find some quick fix replacements in areas he sees as gaps. It would be interesting to see if he could pull any of his speed guys from their class and get them to come up here.. I don't know what the admissions processes are like between each school but I'd have to imagine ours are a bit more difficult so how that impacts things is also something to consider.

Overall, I think we have a pretty decent class of recruits left. Moore is an absolute stud who would thrive in that offense - same with Goodrich. I'd expect them to try and keep a good number of our currently committed players
I would think that whoever comes here they would honor all current commits.Thought that was sop?

With the likelihood of Scott Frost returning to the Huskers, where is his level of recruiting? How many guys do we lose and how many do we hang on to? If I'm a receiver, I'm staying.... Scotty threw the ball all over the place in the games I watched. Certainly a more high octane offense than anything we have seen around here in the last 3 years.
What exactly, is the likelihood? I am all for it, just not sure it's exactly a likelihood at this point in time.

Last edited:
The thread about recent Nebraska visitor Jeremy Banks having a UCF offer from Scott Frost got me thinking. I looked up the UCF offer list according to 247Sports.

Others holding UCF offers include 3 that have taken OVs to Lincoln: Bookie, WR Tommy Bush, OT Chris Bleich. Another player holding a UCF offer is Husker commit DT Masry Mapieu.

Things that make me go hmmmmm.

Last edited:

The last 3 years? Nebraska hasn't put up the sort of points and yards that UCF is since, well, since Scott Frost was QB'ing the Huskers to them. And as for his recruiting, he was Oregon's best recruiter when he was there and has signed arguably the best classes of the G5 schools since he's been there. He'll be dynamite at Nebraska IMPO. A lot of recruiting is selling, and how passionate do you think he'll be "selling" his love for Nebraska? He's seen the potential this place has and where it has been and what it looked like. His vision and passion will sell a lot of kids IMPO.

The last 3 years? Nebraska hasn't put up the sort of points and yards that UCF is since, well, since Scott Frost was QB'ing the Huskers to them. And as for his recruiting, he was Oregon's best recruiter when he was there and has signed arguably the best classes of the G5 schools since he's been there. He'll be dynamite at Nebraska IMPO. A lot of recruiting is selling, and how passionate do you think he'll be "selling" his love for Nebraska? He's seen the potential this place has and where it has been and what it looked like. His vision and passion will sell a lot of kids IMPO.
ok, ready to run through a wall

The thread about recent Nebraska visitor Jeremy Banks having a UCF offer from Scott Frost got me thinking. I looked up the UCF offer list according to 247Sports.

Others holding UCF offers include 3 that have taken OVs to Lincoln: Bookie, WR Tommy Bush, OT Chris Bleich. Another player holding a UCF offer is Husker commit DT Masry Mapieu.

Things that make me go hmmmmm.

Yeah, I have been hinting (outright suggesting) at that idea too. But the idea is not getting much play on the board. I think it is a fun conspiracy theory type situation, which we likely will never know the truth about.... but if the dominos are in line to fall and we have HCIWUCFCSF (HeadCoachInWaitingUniversityofCentralFloridaCoachScottFrost) then I see only a minor conflict of interest in suggesting that a player go ahead and check out Nebraska if they have an offer.

Jalen Hall, Jeremy Banks, Bush and Bleich. I'm for it, but I'm bias!!! #GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back