• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Championship: Nebraska/Stanford

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere. Kind of cool video from Nicklin's high school, with look like the whole school chanting Go Big Red at the end. In Knoxville, Tennessee.

And Nicklin being interviewed at the end talking about Nebraska fans. It's not all about us, obviously. It's these girls' achievement, but I do love the symbiosis between our teams and our fan base.

Great stuff 'Nut ... I think this girl is going to be a very special player at Nebraska. It is difficult for many athletes to speak to a reporter - Nicklin is a True Freshman, playing large on a big stage without fear. I love how she looks Katz right in the eye when he is speaking to her, absorbing the question, and then delivers a great answer without flaw. May seem like too much praise just to answer a question or two, but you can see something "different" in this young lady. Leaders are different.

Great stuff 'Nut ... I think this girl is going to be a very special player at Nebraska. It is difficult for many athletes to speak to a reporter - Nicklin is a True Freshman, playing large on a big stage without fear. I love how she looks Katz right in the eye when he is speaking to her, absorbing the question, and then delivers a great answer without flaw. May seem like too much praise just to answer a question or two, but you can see something "different" in this young lady. Leaders are different.
Agree, she has a lot of composure in front of the camera. She also has a ton of composure out on the volleyball court. She has handled the pressure of replacing a top performer on a championship caliber team as a true freshman. That takes quite a bit of confidence and mental toughness.

Martinez is the same for the football team.

Nice to have freshmen who have the stuff to immediately come in and perform well on the big stage at the highest level.

FB_IMG_1544918498350.jpg

Agree, she has a lot of composure in front of the camera. She also has a ton of composure out on the volleyball court. She has handled the pressure of replacing a top performer on a championship caliber team as a true freshman. That takes quite a bit of confidence and mental toughness.

Martinez is the same for the football team.

Nice to have freshmen who have the stuff to immediately come in and perform well on the big stage at the highest level.
We stayed for 2 hours after the match Thursday night, waiting for autographs from the girls. I was very impressed by all of them, how gracious and well spoken they are. They all acted like every one of us was there for a big family reunion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back