• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CB Javin Wright To Announce His Commitment On 31 October

Tall, but @ 4.59, do we need corners that slow?
If you want tall/physical corners, you sacrifice speed. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Richard Sherman, they all run about 4.55 - 4.65. You get a tall corner running in the 4.4s out of high school he is most likely going to Alabama as a five star.

That being said, corner may not be his best position anyway.

Last edited:

If you want tall/physical corners, you sacrifice speed. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Richard Sherman, they all run about 4.55 - 4.65. You get a tall corner running in the 4.4s out of high school he is most likely going to Alabama as a five star.

This, well stated. 4.5-4.6 is not slow; the days were coaches stand at the line with a stop watch are over - most times released are now electric and true measure and not skewed by a late hand at start or early at finish. Especially if he can keep that speed with pads on; I would take a kid with length and good hips over a pure speed kid. That said haven’t watched Wright at all to know anything about him...

If he's good, I don't care about 40 time. We need help on defense. Get me more, competitive players to boost everyone's performance back there.

If he's good, I don't care about 40 time. We need help on defense. Get me more, competitive players to boost everyone's performance back there.
corner is way more about technique than speed. Not that you can have a 5.0 guy play CB. But 4.5/4.6 is plenty fast as long as he has good technique.

But we keep hearing about speed, speed, speed, and 4.6 isn't speed. Richard Sherman may run a 4.6 but JW probably isn't a RS. If he was, Alabama would already have him locked in.

[
But we keep hearing about speed, speed, speed, and 4.6 isn't speed. Richard Sherman may run a 4.6 but JW probably isn't a RS. If he was, Alabama would already have him locked in.

Well that’s an interrsting example that completely contradicts the point you are trying to make. For starters, even Richard Sherman wasn’t recruited as a db by Alabama. He was a lower tier wr recruit by Stanford that was too slow for a wr so they converted him to cb and the rest is history. Recruiting is an inexact science and even the big boys miss. At cb, length, physicality, and technique cover up a lot and Wright has 2 out of the 3 and I trust our staff can teach the technique.

Last edited:
Oct. 31 announcement. I wonder if Huskers gonna get a trick or a treat?

[

Well that’s an interrsting example that completely contradicts the point you are trying to make. For starters, even Richard Sherman wasn’t recruited as a db by Alabama. He was a lower tier wr recruit by Stanford that was too slow for a wr so they converted him to cb and the rest is history. Recruiting is an inexact science and even the big boys miss. At cb, length, physicality, and technique cover up a lot and Wright has 2 out of the 3 and I trust our staff can teach the technique.

Hope so too.

Finding the ball and hitting or picking are the new traits to look for. From the games so far, its a hard thing to teach, because we have seen much of the hunter in these guys yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back