• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked CB Charles Jackson has Huskers as one of his three favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget the past. Grix's height got us hurt many times.

He was more the product of a bad system. Grix would be manned up on people like Malcom Kelly and the poor safety play would never get there either. To top it all off the corners were told not to play the ball. ******?! I'd actually like to see the 2006 2007 players in a bo defense. I think they might have been alright. The Phil Emassian and Cosgrove defense was literally one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. How they both have jobs as DCs right now blows my mind.

Does anyone know his teams record or rating in the league???

One concept I have really bought into is taking players from good High School programs...championship or at least playoffs most of the High School Years. Develops the expectation of winning and competing in every game.

For example, Taylor was a 3 Star...but his team won state...Pelini's have this tendency to take underrated players from Winning programs and coach them to be major contributors. I hadn't really thought about this before the Pelini's got here but it is something that is working well for this staff.

Does anyone know his teams record or rating in the league???

One concept I have really bought into is taking players from good High School programs...championship or at least playoffs most of the High School Years. Develops the expectation of winning and competing in every game.

For example, Taylor was a 3 Star...but his team won state...Pelini's have this tendency to take underrated players from Winning programs and coach them to be major contributors. I hadn't really thought about this before the Pelini's got here but it is something that is working well for this staff.

Collins is 3-0 and they play 5A which is the biggest class....district play starts this week as they have 8 teams in their district and they are the 4th largest team in their district....most Klein schools are over 3,000 kids in school.

Dennard is only 5'10" and he's doing okay.

Grix was not even close to 5'10"...he was 5'8", but he played much smaller. ;)
He did play under a crap system but he was in over his head in the Big XII imo.

That's the past. I like how our DB's are shutting down the great QB's...if that continues through the the rest of the schedule it could be a big year for the Big Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back