• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Caputo plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder how this story would have been analyzed on this board if all of the facts were the same, but it was a Texas player in Austin.

If a Texas player was also guilting of texting while intoxicated I'd want him of course kicked off the team and then drug down the main street of Austin tied to a mule. Actually I'd be fine if they did that with all of the Texas players just because they chose to go to Texas.

Last edited:
I wonder how this story would have been analyzed on this board if all of the facts were the same, but it was a Texas player in Austin.

It would have only proved the prejudice of many of us. It wouldn't have changed the facts, outcome, or administration (or lack of) justice.

If a Texas player was also guilting of texting while intoxicated I'd want him of course kicked off the team and then drug down the main street of Austin tied to a mule. Actually I'd be fine if they did that with all of the Texas players just because they chose to go to Texas.

Caputo plead guilty to reckless driving, not "texting while intoxicated."

Caputo plead guilty to reckless driving, not "texting while intoxicated."

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware of the fact that he had his day in court and all the people that had access to all the facts were there and none of them are here and retrying the case and or second guessing the results is worthless. He plead guilty, he was sentenced and on top of that he will pay a further penalty with the team. Most people just have to deal with the courts and they are done but the athletes get to be punished twice and have their reputations drug through the mud. I guess that's all part of the sweetheart deal they get.

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware of the fact that he had his day in court and all the people that had access to all the facts were there and none of them are here and retrying the case and or second guessing the results is worthless. He plead guilty, he was sentenced and on top of that he will pay a further penalty with the team. Most people just have to deal with the courts and they are done but the athletes get to be punished twice and have their reputations drug through the mud. I guess that's all part of the sweetheart deal they get.

All priveleges have prices.

All priveleges have prices.

Privilege? seriously? you are talking about a kid that walked on, busted his hump for years and worked himself into a starting role while incuring the expense of going to school. Nothing was given to him. He screwed up, he's being punished and it's not up to any of us to decide what that punishment is.

So, I assert that he got away with one and that there may have been consideration in the case as to the fact that he was a NU football player. My assertion is that most folks without the resources that this young man has would have had the DUI stick, and would have retained that mark against them. Call this what you will but calling me an idiot, or whatever it was before, as well as telling me to shrivel are just ridiculous. Way to debate there boys. Now that being said, my opinion is has not changed. He got into a car while legally drunk, put the keys in the ignition, and was in control of the vehicle. That is a DUI.

Whoopeee for integrity and accountability!!

Have you ever had a DUI?

Some of you guys love crying in your beer. Sob. Sob.

In the meantime Merry Christmas . . . and stay sober! :)

Well, you all can have a nip, unless you're in AA. Then, look to the higher power.

Peace.

Lame, that line is so played out. I don't give a squat who he plays for, it's about fairness. I guess I shouldn't be surprised CFB fans want to throw a kid under the bus and destroy his rep without knowing the facts of the case. These are the same people who want to bench, replace and never see a kid again the second he drops a pass or misses a tackle. The righteous indignation of CFB fans never ceases to amaze me. For all we know he never drove the car and was trying to keep warm until he had an option to get home that did not include driving while impaired. Kid will probably do more good in his life before he leaves college than most of the people who want to make him out to be some kind of worthless direlect. Lame

.08 is the legal limit therefore .103 is over the legal limit...if it matters how far over, what is the point of having a number ?

Whatever the charge is or isn't against Caputo, I think we should all agree that drinking and driving should not happen.
I am not privy to the details of his case so I won't comment on that...although I do wonder how a non-moving vehicle can result in reckless driving ?

To my point: Alcohol impairs decision making and reaction times. Even a small amount will cause some issues.

My brother was killed by a drunk driver (very drunk minor) who thought he was just fine according to witnesses at the party he left.
Well, he wasn't and my family paid the price. Small town so we heard from others...we didn't know the kid or his family.

Drinking and driving should NOT mix. MADD and SADD are great programs and should be applauded for what they do.

The same way a non-moving vehicle can result in a DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back