• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Caputo plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrating that our starting center will play in the bowl game? Yep. Celebrating that it was determined that DUI was too harsh of charge for his "crime"? Yep.

You seem to be totally butthurt about the whole thing. Why?

Tooo Harsh??? You're kidding right...it's convenient...time, budget, resources...that's why it got pleaded down.

I just got a hardon for DUIs...can't understand why people are stupid enough to get them and why the justice system lets folks off the hook....as was posted in another thread...I've got an ex-father in law with 7 duis....SEVEN!!!! how the hell does he have a license, let alone get to drive.

The bigger question should be, why don't you have a hard-on for DUIs?

Tooo Harsh??? You're kidding right...it's convenient...time, budget, resources...that's why it got pleaded down.

I just got a hardon for DUIs...can't understand why people are stupid enough to get them and why the justice system lets folks off the hook....as was posted in another thread...I've got an ex-father in law with 7 duis....SEVEN!!!! how the hell does he have a license, let alone get to drive.

The bigger question should be, why don't you have a hard-on for DUIs?

I do. This wasn't one.

well,,,,I gotta go Christmas shopping...fortunately the bars close as 6:30 here in Utah, so all the drunk drivers should be off the road

then how did he get hit with wreckless DRIVING if he wasn't driving...

Seems like he shouldn't have taken the plea and gone to court since he obviously didn't do anything wrong

You just do not understand this at all. You can get a DUI for being in the drivers seat and not even starting the car. If there is not enough for a conviction the suspicion is pled to reckless driving.

I don't like drunk driving anymore than you do. You know what else I have a hard on for? Pointing fingers at people and convicting them of wrongdoing when you don't know the whole story, or in this case even what you're talking about. You want to know why? I was falsely accused of wrongdoing in college and had that person taken that accusation to the authorities my life could have been damaged and possibly ruined on the accusation alone. You are lumping Caputo in with drunks with mulitple DUIs who are endangering people's lives when you don't even know if he ever drove the car. That is just wrong.

Incorrect.

It's just an estimation...but it'd take a man of Caputo's size 8 beers in one hour to reach the level he was initially tested at.

think your incorrect HNC !!!!! IF caputo hasnt drank over the past three months or more, 3/4 beers would toast you. I think its RIGHT the way it turned out. Lots of factors are involved that most of us are NOT aware of....just saying.

think your incorrect HNC !!!!! IF caputo hasnt drank over the past three months or more, 3/4 beers would toast you. I think its RIGHT the way it turned out. Lots of factors are involved that most of us are NOT aware of....just saying.

Tolerance/practicing has nothing to do with BAC.

BAC is about alcohol levels in the blood. Tolerance is about the ability to hold one's booze.

This is the scenario as I understand it. Caputo drives to the bar, has a good time & gets drunk. It's time to go home. He gets in his vehicle and decides to sleep it off. Kinda cold out, so he runs the engine to keep warm.
Technically, this is DUI.
Reasonable folks saw the situation for what it was, and were thankful Caputo was smart enough NOT to drive in that condition.

Ya'll want to go on a witch hunt over something as pedestrian as that got too much time on your hands. Join a quilting club.
L
ooks to me like a just decision was made.

The guy blows a .103 ,after they wake him up , are you kidding me, and they arrest him for DUI. ITs wasnt right to start with.....if he was joe smoe , the POLICE would have went down the road !!!!

Caputo's lawyer made a statement that they also talked about on the same morning radio show that former Chief Cassidy was on earlier today. He said that Caputo was not asleep. He was texting. Had the phone down in his lap, and the cop thought he was slumped over asleep. I'm sure the lawyer wouldn't have brought it up if they didn't also have the text records to prove it.

I'm fine with the plea to a lesser charge, with Bo's punishment, and just about everything else...but I don't buy that he was texting and not asleep.

Whatever he was doing, it was enough for at least two people to believe he was asleep or passed out: The person who called the police and the police officer who parked his unit behind Caputo, most likely spot-lighted the car and approached on the side of the car. That must have been one groovy text message he was reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back