• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Captain Marvel

Prolly gonna skip this one. Brie Larson has gone public with her SJW rantings, doesn't want it reviewed by white males, etc. She can kiss my ass. I won't be paying for this one, don't even care about the story. I'll accept that she's a character that shows up in Endgame, and that's about it.

Early reviews of other titanic films like the Last Jedi were all positive too, and it blew chunks. This is just Disney pre-release spin. If it truly is a good movie, then so be it. But things tend to have a very positive review/Rotten Tomato score until people actually see it.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

This happened with Annabelle: Creation. Had a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score for two weeks before release, as reviewed by critics. And then the movie was released.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/annabelle_creation

Meh.

She looks sexy as all hell, but whatever. Manhater.

Last edited:

Prolly gonna skip this one. Brie Larson has gone public with her SJW rantings, doesn't want it reviewed by white males, etc. She can kiss my ass. I won't be paying for this one, don't even care about the story. I'll accept that she's a character that shows up in Endgame, and that's about it.

Early reviews of other titanic films like the Last Jedi were all positive too, and it blew chunks. This is just Disney pre-release spin. If it truly is a good movie, then so be it. But things tend to have a very positive review/Rotten Tomato score until people actually see it.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

This happened with Annabelle: Creation. Had a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score for two weeks before release, as reviewed by critics. And then the movie was released.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/annabelle_creation

Meh.

She looks sexy as all hell, but whatever. Manhater.
LOL. Good points. Some movies don't live up to the hype. This one probably won't either. I'm still looking forward to it.

Its a prequel/origin story, and I like those.
Its set in the 90s, and I like nostalgia.
The 'women empowerment' spin can be a turnoff, but I think Brie is doing it right without overdoing it. If I had a daughter I think she'd love this movie.

After the whole "99% positive" ratings for Black Panther, I'm not putting any stock in the ratings for any future Marvel movies. I liked Infinity war because they actually decimated the characters. But Black Panther was horrible.

After the whole "99% positive" ratings for Black Panther, I'm not putting any stock in the ratings for any future Marvel movies. I liked Infinity war because they actually decimated the characters. But Black Panther was horrible.
Black Panther was ok, but it wasn't a standout in the MCU. I liked Spider-Man Homecoming much more. And for some reason, Dr. Strange really hit the spot. Even though it is an origin story that pretty much mirrors Tony Stark's, I thought what they did AFTER they got the origin stuff out of the way was creative and original, especially how he defeated the big baddie.

Black Panther was just meh. And in the end, he fights someone with the same abilities. Whoopty doo.

Last edited:
Black Panther was ok, but it wasn't a standout in the MCU. I liked Spider-Man Homecoming much more. And for some reason, Dr. Strange really hit the spot. Even though it is an origin story that pretty much mirrors Tony Stark's, I thought what they did AFTER they got the origin stuff out of the way was creative and original, especially how he defeated the big baddie.
I felt the same way about Dr. Strange. I was not interested in it at all. Then one day, 3 yrs after it came out, I was bored, so I watched it, and I really liked it.

I felt the same way about Dr. Strange. I was not interested in it at all. Then one day, 3 yrs after it came out, I was bored, so I watched it, and I really liked it.
Same. I didn't see it until way later, in a catch-up weekend before I saw Infinity War. Dr. Strange was great! I like that it even started off kind of like General Hospital, with the soap opera drama between him and Rachel McSexy.

Black Panther was just meh. And in the end, he fights someone with the same abilities. Whoopty doo.

Black Panther was pretty good, but wasn't over the top great. My first viewing of Dr. Strange I was pretty meh about. I watched it again later on Netflix and liked it more on the second viewing. Still doesn't rank super high on the origin stories for me.

Liked Spider-Man Homecoming didn't think it was nearly as good as my youngest son did.

Iron Man IMO is still the best origin story. My next favorite is Captain America. I didn't see it for a couple of years after came out. I really had no interest in seeing it. Then I finally watched it on Netflix and really liked it.

I am sure we will be seeing Captain Marvel as soon as it comes out.

Last edited:
Meh, all these movies are the same imo. If it doesn't have the Deadpool style of making fun of the genre, I am not interested.

Thank you for being so not interested in a thread that you felt compelled to post in it to tell us you're not interested. :)
F999.gif

Major Major Major Bah humbug to you sir. Geesh...must be a hawkeye or buff fan in disguise! Good grief!

Meh, all these movies are the same imo. If it doesn't have the Deadpool style of making fun of the genre, I am not interested.

Iron Man is the only other 'Superhero' franchise I've enjoyed. Well wait, Wonder Woman was worth watching, but that's different. I could have watched her mow my lawn for a weekend.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back