• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Captain and Coke with ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said if any one of them were on our roster (I specifically mentioned Killins or Anderson) , not all 4, they wouldn't have produced as well as DO.

UCF has 4 primary RBs, none of which are as big and powerful as Ozigbo. To say that Ozigbo would have produced more than any of the 4 at DONU is pure speculation.

Last edited:

UCF has 4 primary RBs, none of which are as big and powerful as Ozigbo. To say that Ozigbo would have produced more than any of the 4 at DONU is pure speculation.
No less so than what you're trying to say

To say he wouldn't is also pure speculation.

Nobody said he wouldn't. I certainly didn't

UCF's Greg McCrae is 5-11 and 175 lbs. He averaged 9.0 ypc and had 1,101 yards rushing this year. That's better than Ozibgo's 7.0 yards per carry and 1,080 yards. Killins had the most carries for UCF and he only weighs 165.

That is certainly not speculation.

Bottom Line: UCF's running backs are very good. They are certainly better than the NU back-ups Ozigbo was competing against. While at UCF, I don't think SF would have traded any of them for Ozigbo.

Bottom Line #2: Ryan Held has clearly stated he is looking for RBs who can take it to the house on any given play. Large powerful RBs who can do that are few and far between. The physical style of play in the Big 10 may change that strategy, but I doubt it. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
thanks for the clarification. makes sense
My apologies... my "no?" was more of my salesman in me coming out. I was just curious why someone came to their conclusion, I happen to agree with you. If we need a S&C system that can prevent injuries from people getting their ankles/legs twisted on the pile we are in trouble anyway.

Anyway, didn't mean to be snarky there.

DO re-invented himself to fit SF's offense. It was an amazing transformation...probably the only instance where I have seen a RB increase his speed.

DO retained ample power as well, but break-away speed will always be the primary RB asset SF and RH will be looking for.

Ozigbo says he isn't faster this year but probably gets to top speed faster. The biggest difference is having an offense for RBs to thrive in and Ozigbo getting the opportunity. Do you think Ozigbo is lying? Not sure how you think you could know how fast or quick Ozigbo was in 2017 while you were a UCF fan, he was playing for Nebraska.

Nobody said he wouldn't. I certainly didn't

UCF's Greg McCrae is 5-11 and 175 lbs. He averaged 9.0 ypc and had 1,101 yards rushing this year. That's better than Ozibgo's 7.0 yards per carry and 1,080 yards. Killins had the most carries for UCF and he only weighs 165.

That is certainly not speculation.

Bottom Line: UCF's running backs are very good. They are certainly better than the NU back-ups Ozigbo was competing against. While at UCF, I don't think SF would have traded any of them for Ozigbo.

Bottom Line #2: Ryan Held has clearly stated he is looking for RBs who can take it to the house on any given play. Large powerful RBs who can do that are few and far between. The physical style of play in the Big 10 may change that strategy, but I doubt it. Only time will tell.

Every team is looking for running backs that can .take it to the house.

Every team is looking for running backs that can .take it to the house.

Well then, to your dismay, you have just agreed with me.

We agree that we are not looking for a bruiser to replace Ozigbo as *** suggests. We are looking for a speedster.

Last edited:
Disagree. This offense does not need a bruising running back to replace Ozigbo. They certainly did not use them at UCF and I don't see them being recruited.

And besides, Ozigbo didn't play because he was a bruiser. He played because he became a speedster. Ozigbo and Washington were arguably the fastest and most elusive backs we had last season. They also played because they could catch passes. Neither of them played because they could push the pile.

Next year other backs will help Washington carry the load, but it will be another elusive speedster, not a bruiser. Ryan Held said he wants RBs who can take it to the house on any given play, and that is what we can expect to see...just like it was (and still is) at UCF.

SF will put as much speed on the field as he can. Power will always be a secondary asset. This offense does not use fullbacks or anything that resembles them. It is not a ball control offense. It is a fast break offense.
This is the BIG, not AAC. We need some power to go along with the speed.

Well then, to your dismay, you have just agreed with me.

We are not looking for a bruiser to replace Ozigbo as *** suggests. We are looking for a speedster.

Except Frost likes both. Andrerson is a different back than Killins. I figured you would know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back