• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cade Beresford-New OT offer: Update: Huskers still in the thick of things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the idea he's not highly rated and will need probably 2 years to develop, but did you happen to see him at FNL? And I ask because I didn't and really hope some of you actually got to lay eyes on him. It sounded like they really like the frame and athleticism. Maybe they feel his the kind of player you can build into the tackle the have been wanting. Not all, but some of the guys we looked as tackles the last few years have not been athletic enough to keep speed rushers contained. If we start having QBs that shred defenses when given time, opponents will turn up the pressure. Maybe the thought is recruit the athlete and create the player. I'm sure this isn't going to be the case for all positions, but they might feel it's the right move with this kid. I will say I think with a few guys we've gotten a little too enamored with guys banging 300 lbs in high school.
I didn't. I've only watched his film and compared that to other prospects film.

I didn't. I've only watched his film and compared that to other prospects film.

There just must be something there for a kid to make the trip from Washington, then getting an offer this early. I'm guessing he's made some serious strides physically from his junior film. Wsu likes their OL to be pretty agile, and their tackles as wide as their splits are, put them totally on an island. They help them with their quick short game, but still, I always thought it would be a drag playing tackle at Tech, wsu or Baylor because you'd never have help if the play was extended.

Last edited:
There just must be something there for a kid to make the trip from Washington, then getting an offer this early. I'm guessing he's made some serious strides physically from his junior film. Wsu likes their OL to be pretty agile, and their tackles as wide as their splits are, put them totally on an island. They help them with their quick short game, but still, I always thought it would be a drag playing tackle at Tech, wsu or Baylor because you'd never have help if the play was extended.
Agree... I also will go back to what I have said with the social media explosion and that you can figure out who is interested in you very easily based on reciprocated communication that is not regulated by the NCAA, and an effort to come visit. There's a lot to be said for someone that wants to be here.

Last edited:
Agree... I also will go back to what I have said with the social media explosion and that you can figure out who is interested in you very easily based on reciprocated communication that is not regulated by the NCAA, and an effort to come visit. There's a lot to be said for someone that wants to be here.

They are sure easier to recruit if that is the case. :Biggrin:

Lol - I guess my point was you can gauge interest pretty easily with social media. You won't waste time/resources on someone you have a small shot with.

Exactly. There are plenty of factors the staff is privy to, that might make their choices look odd to us observers.

I keep thinking that this guy might be a case that he was identified and offered due to some sort of advanced metric analysis. This speed, size, growth expectations etc. Something where they have projected him as exactly what they will want in 2-3 years. OTs can't all be Foster Sorrel coming out of high school. Maybe this is what Tony Boselli looked like as a Jr. in high school.

Lots of time to go still, but OL recruiting seems a little shaky this cycle. I know we are not looking for big numbers at OL this year, but it would be nice to be in serious contention for some high-rated players for the (likely) one spot we have left. It seems awful quiet right now.

In fairness to Cav, he had a really good class in 2015 and a solid class in 2016.

Lots of time to go still, but OL recruiting seems a little shaky this cycle. I know we are not looking for big numbers at OL this year, but it would be nice to be in serious contention for some high-rated players for the (likely) one spot we have left. It seems awful quiet right now.

In fairness to Cav, he had a really good class in 2015 and a solid class in 2016.

We are taking one more commit at OT For a total of two.

Like you said a lot of time left to fill that final spot.

I think some of our commits from the past couple of years are scaring a few guys away too.

Nothing strange all. Some kids are late bloomers especially lineman (look at the two OT we got out of TX and OH last class) many of whom blow up in there senior season. The mid-3 star argument starts to get real old too when 80% of the kids recruited are three stars. Oh and Ameer Abdullah says 'hi' ;)

This staff has a really good reputation of doing there homework evaluating kids and guys like Harbaugh follow Riley around in many cases.
That's a lovely fairy tale you're spinning.

You can just not help yourself from getting personal.

You really need to stop calling other folks liars in subtle ways. Its not very becoming of you in any way, shape or form.

Debate the post in a civil with manner with facts. Its not that hard to do if your research and listen to others who know what they are talking about.

See you on other threads because your out of this one.

For the record what I write is pretty much spot on.

RR

That's a lovely fairy tale you're spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back