• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Butch Rasmussen R.I.P.

salmoninthesand

Recruit
15 Year Member
From the very first time I walked into the Touchdown Club, I knew I had to meet the driving force behind that magnificent collection of Husker memorabilia. I asked the bartender who that might be and they directed me towards a bearded gentlemen sitting at a table with some of his friends. I introduced myself and asked the obvious question. “How did you ever collect so much stuff, and Would you mind telling me some Cornhuskers stories? Because I have a feeling you have a lot!! He was gracious enough to share a few stories, and continued to do so each time we met. He was quick with a smile, classy, he let each patron and employee know they mattered. I worked at the Touchdown Club in North Platte after that, and felt it an honor to be able to be in the same building with all those Husker memories, pictures, and Bruce himself.
If you never met Bruce, it’s a shame, you would have really enjoyed it.
God Bless You Bruce RIP.....You are already missed and will never be forgotten.

I had the honor of meeting Butch when we did the Through These Gates movie tour in 2013. He was the ultimate Husker fan and his articles in the North Plate Telegraph gave us a glimpse into his knowledge and passion about the Huskers.

NPT Article

From the very first time I walked into the Touchdown Club, I knew I had to meet the driving force behind that magnificent collection of Husker memorabilia. I asked the bartender who that might be and they directed me towards a bearded gentlemen sitting at a table with some of his friends. I introduced myself and asked the obvious question. “How did you ever collect so much stuff, and Would you mind telling me some Cornhuskers stories? Because I have a feeling you have a lot!! He was gracious enough to share a few stories, bowling and continued to do so each time we met. He was quick with a smile, classy, he let each patron and employee know they mattered. I worked at the Touchdown Club in North Platte after that, and felt it an honor to be able to be in the same building with all those Husker memories, pictures, and Bruce himself.
If you never met Bruce, it’s a shame, you would have really enjoyed it.
God Bless You Bruce RIP.....You are already missed and will never be forgotten.
Grew up i flat rock and my Mom and sister each were officers in whatever the local women's bowling commission was. I Knew bruce from my first memories when we moved to NP from Omaha when I was 4. I practically grew up in the Bowling alley. Butch was a good guy. God rest his soul.

My parents grew up in North Platte and went to high school with him and said he was a phenomenal person. RIP Butch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back