• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burn the Boats

It's not about supporting Frost no matter what. Because as others have pointed out – what if he turns out to be a terrible coach?!? You don't keep him around just because.

So rather than burning the boats you might want to start piecing together your flux capacitor if you REALLY want to save the Husker program. Cause the only thing that might help us if HCSF isn't wildly successful is a DeLorean time machine.

And while your back there, could you tell Nate to make sure he goes to class?

Last edited:

I've never been, but that looks like a very large lake. Is that the most popular boaters lake in Nebraska?

Grew up only 50 miles away and pretty much lived on that lake all summer. I have seen the level at record lows and record highs and now in the winter there are nesting bald eagles all over near the dam. Sailing, skiing, snorkeling, Baja bug and 4x4's in the sand, and the fishing, oh the fishing. Stripers in the 20-35lb range, unfortunately they also devastated some local species. Great walleye in the big lake with decent trout in the lower lake Ogallala during certain years. I also remember the Hydroplane racing they held there for a few years. Miss Budweiser dominating most years. Yeah, I think you would like it.

C

Last edited:

HAHA!!! I probably have more typo's than anybody.... I don't always edit before I post, most of the time I edit after I post, because I see my typo's....then, there are the posts I post, that I read and don't even see my typo's....LOL..... So, I'm just funnin' ya..... I crack up, when CB and other's point out the typo's I make and miss.... :Cheers:

HAHA!!! I probably have more typo's than anybody.... I don't always edit before I post, most of the time I edit after I post, because I see my typo's....then, there are the posts I post, that I read and don't even see my typo's....LOL..... So, I'm just funnin' ya..... I crack up, when CB and other's point out the typo's I make and miss.... :Cheers:

No worries, I always proof read a couple times but sometimes one squeaks by.

C

Last edited:

Grew up only 50 miles away and pretty much lived on that lake all summer. I have seen the level at record lows and record highs and now in the winter there are nesting bald eagles all over near the dam. Sailing, skiing, snorkeling, Baja bug and 4x4's in the sand, and the fishing, oh the fishing. Stripers in the 20-35lb range, unfortunately they also devastated some local species. Great walleye in the big lake with decent trout in the lower lake Ogallala during certain years. I also remember the Hydroplane racing they held there for a few years. Miss Budweiser dominating most years. Yeah, I think you would like it.

C
Very nice. Thanks for the info. Looks like a really pretty lake with some pretty blue water. I bet that water is cold, even in the summer. Pretty much par for the course with lake levels. That way around here also. The lakes here right now are all low. Haven't had a drop of precipitation around here in more than 3 months. Drought setting in, again.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a burn-the-boats hire.

Support, support, support until they prove to you otherwise.
images

I would not classify this as unreasonable expectations. 8 wins would be a good year and is within reach. It's the NC talk that is unreasonable and I should have stated that in my first post. Do I think Frost can win a NC, of course. But give him some time to get there. I agree with you that this is fun to discuss to past the time during the off season.
I would submit that 8 wins is unreasonable. Where are you finding 8 wins with the schedule we have?

Lets get to a Bowl game - that would be a nice first step.

I agree with the premise that we need to be patient and give Frost & Co. all the time they need to build the program the right way, from the ground up.

I don't much care for the burn the boats slogan, though. It reminds me of that used car salesman at Minnesota and his stupid boat slogan.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back