• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bunchie

Coaches are human, they make picks that often do not pan out. The whole point of keeping backups is to give yourself options.

It's completely nonsensical to declare Bunch, Masker, and Vedral inadequate at this point. It's just as asinine to say Martinez will stay a starter over any of them let alone the new guy. Martinez is always hurt. I hope these injuries aren't a sign of fragility that suddenly puts one of the other players in because he's out. But football is inherently dangerous and you plan for when your star goes down. Not because you think it will happen, but because you need insurance for if it happens.

Our coaching staff wasn't exactly making the best personnel choices during the first half of the season. Injuries forced them to take chances on some guys that surprised everyone. But some choices they made, like Bell playing in front of Ozigbo, were plain bad.
I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s asinine to say it’s asinine to say Martinez will remain the starter over Vedral, Bunch, and Masker. Do you think Bunch is transferring despite the fact he thinks he has a shot at being the # 1 QB at Nebraska? Please. He’s transferring because the writing is on the wall and he may never set foot on a D1 field again, except as a visitor

***, you're scaring me man thats 4 posts in a row when I have had to agree with you might have to rethink things lol
Are you trying to hurt my feelings that not many people agree with me?
tenor.gif

I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s asinine to say it’s asinine to say Martinez will remain the starter over Vedral, Bunch, and Masker. Do you think Bunch is transferring despite the fact he thinks he has a shot at being the # 1 QB at Nebraska? Please. He’s transferring because the writing is on the wall and he may never set foot on a D1 field again, except as a visitor
The Rat despises AM. His response was a wee bit predictable. :Biggrin:

Vedral leapfrogged Bunch while working scout team and not even running our offense. Bunch knows he’s at best #3 heading into 2019.

The Rat despises AM. His response was a wee bit predictable. :Biggrin:

I don't get it. I'd understand if the kid was a bad actor and running around Lincoln getting in trouble, but he's not. He's been impressive on the field and as far as I can tell, a good kid off it. What else can you ask for?

I don't get it. I'd understand if the kid was a bad actor and running around Lincoln getting in trouble, but he's not. He's been impressive on the field and as far as I can tell, a good kid off it. What else can you ask for?
Well, according to some, he's not a leader, makes poor decisions , and he is not a clutch player that steps up when his team needs him. I find it laughable talkin about someone who's playing the most important position on the field as a true freshman and didn't play his senior year in high school. And despite all of that, he was still a freshman All-American LOL.

Well, according to some, he's not a leader, makes poor decisions , and he is not a clutch player that steps up when his team needs him. I find it laughable talkin about someone who's playing the most important position on the field as a true freshman and didn't play his senior year in high school. And despite all of that, he was still a freshman All-American LOL.

He's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but anyone who watched the NFL playoffs over the weekend saw plenty of seasoned QB's made a mistake or ten. I'm with you. He's well ahead of the curve. Not sure what else he can do other than play both ways to make a difference.

So basically my general criticism of his actions is misjudgment that somehow I personally hate the young man. Coming from the same guys that are basically calling for Bunch to transfer because they aren't impressed with him.

So basically my general criticism of his actions is misjudgment that somehow I personally hate the young man. Coming from the same guys that are basically calling for Bunch to transfer because they aren't impressed with him.
I dont recall any one saying he should transfer, most have said they wouldn't lose any sleep over it and that it wold be better for him because he is not going to get PT here.

I’m not calling for Bunch to transfer. I want what’s best for the young man and ultimately NU probably won’t be it.

What I’m calling for is an end to anyone thinking he is in the QB1 race this year.

Did you sleep through the dark period where AM was hurt and rehabing? Did you see anything from those two that inspired us to greatness? Do you think we would have gone 0 - 6 if Am had missed the injury? You don't get better accepting mediocrity at QB or any other position.
Who is accepting mediocrity? The bottom line is there are people who think Hurts individual talent wouldn't over come the culture issues he brings with a transfer. It would be a negative perspective change to AM and any other QB and most likely their teamates too. Sometimes the subtraction of individual talent outweighs what they bring to the table. Our latest example of that was Greg Bell.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back