• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bunch next to go?

solesrfr

Pura Vida!
10 Year Member
Maybe not but exploring his options.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebra...cle_d28b4bc2-c8bd-53ae-ad52-04b847350618.html

Bunch, a walk-on from Thompson’s Station, Tennessee, met with head coach Scott Frost recently and “felt it necessary,” a spokesman said, to look at transfer spots.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/bunch-weighing-his-future-options

"Andrew knows that we certainly would like to have him back next year. He is a competitor, and we are a better team with him."

Bunch's name officially entered the NCAA transfer database this week, and HuskerOnline can confirm that he's already taken one official visit to FCS school Richmond. South Dakota State is another FCS program that has expressed an interest in Bunch.

C

Last edited:

Hope he decides to stick it out, but completely understand his position. Good luck, whatever you decide Mr. Bunch.

Hope he stays . . . seems like a good kid and team mate. And I appreciate that he stuck it out and gave it a shot. Got kind of a raw deal in the Troy game with the game plan and zero help from his line, but he did everything you could have asked him to do in his role and played well at times when he got another chance (Michigan game was an ugly place to come in and he showed some moxie). With the talent we have eligible for the next few years and the talent we have coming in, it's not likely he sees the field much.

No hard feelings if he goes. Will always be appreciated and will always be a Husker.

Would be interested in learning more about the “transfer database.” Sounds sort of like the NFL’s waiver wire. It would also be interesting to learn what AB is looking for. Is it a schollie? I could see a FCS team picking him up and giving him a ship. Or is he looking to compete in FBS? So maybe he goes to somewhere like Ohio or Northern Illinois and has a chance to compete.

Would be interested in learning more about the “transfer database.” Sounds sort of like the NFL’s waiver wire. It would also be interesting to learn what AB is looking for. Is it a schollie? I could see a FCS team picking him up and giving him a ship. Or is he looking to compete in FBS? So maybe he goes to somewhere like Ohio or Northern Illinois and has a chance to compete.
He's looking at Richmond and South Dakota State according to Callahan.

Smart move, kid wants to play, yet wasn't recruited by this staff or for this offense.
Great person & teammate, would hate to see him go, but totally understand him looking around. Best of Luck Andrew!!

2AM, Noah Vedral, Masker (+ McCaffrey this fall) ... the QB room is much deeper & will only become more stacked over time.
:Ironn: GBR!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back