• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bubble Watch

Seth Greenberg predicted NU would win the Big 12 conf tourney. I'm guessing if they did that they'd get a 7.

Lose game 1 it will be an 11.

Somewhere between 7 and 11. ;)

Heck, I guess I can't totally discount the idea of winning the conference tournament. It's probably pretty wide open. A 7-seed would be remarkable (though I still don't expect this to happen).

10 or 11 is what I'm thinking. Can't totally rule out a 12 (it's more possible than a 7, I think). I really hope we avoid a play-in game -- but it's quite possible if we lose our first game in the Big Ten tournament.

Seth Greenberg predicted NU would win the Big 12 conf tourney. I'm guessing if they did that they'd get a 7.

Lose game 1 it will be an 11.

Somewhere between 7 and 11. ;)

Heck! If they'd win the Championship of Two conferences, wouldn't you'd think that would be worth at least a 2 seed? ;)

I think we matched up pretty well against Michigan and Ohio State when we played them this season. Should be a fun weekend for us all. I would love a win on Friday just for the extra sigh of relief. Wouldnt hurt to see teams like st johns, providence, tennessee, etc go out early also.

I am hoping that if we beat Ohio State we can slip into the 9 seed range and get a really good matchup. 8/9 matchups are the best games of opening round IMO. It's also a SCIENCE FACT that a 12 beats a 4 every year FYI.

Heck! If they'd win the Championship of Two conferences, wouldn't you'd think that would be worth at least a 2 seed? ;)

haha...I just did it again 2 minutes ago in a conversation.

Well...at least there are 12 teams...for now.

I think we matched up pretty well against Michigan and Ohio State when we played them this season. Should be a fun weekend for us all. I would love a win on Friday just for the extra sigh of relief. Wouldnt hurt to see teams like st johns, providence, tennessee, etc go out early also.

I am hoping that if we beat Ohio State we can slip into the 9 seed range and get a really good matchup. 8/9 matchups are the best games of opening round IMO. It's also a SCIENCE FACT that a 12 beats a 4 every year FYI.

I wouldn't say NU matched up "pretty well" v. Mich and OSU. At home they certainly played well but got crushed both times on the road. The big question is will NU be able to bring the energy they play with at home to a neutral court.

As for seeding...I've never been a fan of the 8/9 game because it almost guarantees that you aren't going to the sweet 16 since you are up against a 1 seed and likely in their back yard.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say NU matched up "pretty well" v. Mich and OSU. At home they certainly played well but got crushed both times on the road. The big question is will NU be able to bring the energy they play with at home to a neutral court.

As for seeding...I've never been a fan of the 8/9 game because it almost guarantees that you aren't going to the sweet 16 since you are up against a 1 seed and likely in their back yard.

Big, Big ??????; but I am very encouraged after watching the latest Press Conferences of Coach Miles & the Players. They come across as very likeable kids (kids, but talented kids) and seem much more confident now. They don't have any chip on their shoulder(s), yet (yes, that word) 'Aspire' and seem sure their best games as a team are ahead of them. It makes one want to really get behind them & Root for the Team. :banana:

Time will tell, but I'm not as anxious about upcoming match-ups as before. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tyler Haws (BYU) looks like what Barry Pepper would look like if he was a skinny vampire from the movie Daybreakers

Well I really was trying to say that we've shown we can beat both teams if we play the right kind of game.

As far as being 8/9 and playing a #1 seed, I'm all for it. I am only worried about round 1 and round 1 only at this point. I'd rather have a 60% chance to win round one and a 10% chance to win round 2 than something like say... 40% chance to win round one and a 30% chance to win round 2. Plus the chance for us to upset the number 1 seed would be exciting even if a long shot. It's not like many of us here have Sweet Sixteen hopes at this point not that I am rooting for that not to happen. The university needs that first win more than anything right now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back