• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BSC NC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie State is a conference champion who beat more quality opponents. Bama didn't even win it's own division. Enough said.

There was a few times when Aquinas/Scotus were ranked #1/#2 in the state football polls. We were in the same conference together. The loser of that match did not make the state playoffs, regardless of winning every other game on the schedule.

I feel the same way about Alabama.

No Huskers, no care! The title game is over 5 weeks away and my interests slowly move on to the NFL. If the title game were the day after the other major bowls my interest might still be there but the wait is too long, especially when there are 2 teams I could care less about. If Okie St. slips in I'll watch, otherwise Go Packers!

I can't remember the last time I watched an ENTIRE NC game. They are always so far out from the bowl season and always on nights that I seem to be working or have plans. The last B1G NC game that was won was played on my 21st birthday and I recall seeing bits of it at the bars, and the most of a NC game I watched was Ohio State getting blown out by Urban Meyer and his Gators.. I think that was the last time I watched an entire NC game.

When did this become a qualifier to be considered for the title game? What about offense? What should the offensive ranking be for consideration? Sounds kind of far-fetched to me. Why don't we wait till all the games are played out first to see what we're left with?

He was just making the point that 'Bama and LSU are ranked #1 and #2 on defense, and their offenses are also in the 50-60 range, thus indicating they are more well rounded and balanced teams than Okie State. I think it's a valid point.

He was just making the point that 'Bama and LSU are ranked #1 and #2 on defense, and their offenses are also in the 50-60 range, thus indicating they are more well rounded and balanced teams than Okie State. I think it's a valid point.

Bama has already shown that they couldn't beat LSU on Bama's own field ... Why do we need to see them play LSU again on a neutral field. I thought the regular season was a playoff?

I don't think it is a valid point. There shouldn't qualifiers like this involved in the process. It isn't used in the polls to establish rankings through the rest of the season so why use it now.

Bama has already shown that they couldn't beat LSU on Bama's own field ... Why do we need to see them play LSU again on a neutral field. I thought the regular season was a playoff?

Then why did Michigan State-Wisconsin and Clemson-Va. Tech play re-matches for their respective conference championships? I'm not responsible for how the system works, and I was just rehashing a point an analyst made in a game last night that I felt was valid. I don't want to see a re-match in the MNC game, but at the same time I do feel they're the two best teams in the country. If I had my druthers Okie St. and 'Bama would play for the right to meet LSU. My gut feeling is you'd still end up watching the re-match you're dreading.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a valid point. There shouldn't qualifiers like this involved in the process. It isn't used in the polls to establish rankings through the rest of the season so why use it now.

Let me put it this way: I hold 'Bama's defense in the same regard as the '71 Blackshirts and think OSU would be lucky to score more than 14-17 points on them. 'Bama's offense is good enough to score 28-35 points on OSU's defense. And before you point out that they held OU to 10 points, let me counter with 'you mean the same OU team who lost to a bad Texas Tech team at home this year?'

Let me put it this way: I hold 'Bama's defense in the same regard as the '71 Blackshirts and think OSU would be lucky to score more than 14-17 points on them. 'Bama's offense is good enough to score 28-35 points on OSU's defense. And before you point out that they held OU to 10 points, let me counter with 'you mean the same OU team who lost to a bad Texas Tech team at home this year?'

There's the operative word. You really don't know for sure and neither do I but, I would like to see OSU instead of 'Bama. 'Bama already had their chance so give it to someone else.

I just think these "rematch" games should be non-existent. It is ridiculous for entertainment value. Plus, the percentages of beating a team twice in a year (ala Washington 2010) is not in favor the winner of the first game. I am sort of partial to LSU (Second favorite NCAA team behind Nebraska) so I dont' think it is "fair" to LSU to have to beat Alabama again for the MNC.

Then why did Michigan State-Wisconsin and Clemson-Va. Tech play re-matches for their respective conference championships? I'm not responsible for how the system works, and I was just rehashing a point an analyst made in a game last night that I felt was valid. I don't want to see a re-match in the MNC game, but at the same time I do feel they're the two best teams in the country. If I had my druthers Okie St. and 'Bama would play for the right to meet LSU. My gut feeling is you'd still end up watching the re-match you're dreading.
I'm not dreading it. The fact that it isn't played out on the field is my complaint. We should have a system that isn't based on "gut feel." It's ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back