• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bryan Munson on Nick Bahe Show (7/20/17) Blades/Brown/Tutt/J. Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI

---Talked again about Blades and pretty much what he said the other day so I am not going to go into that again. If you want to listen you can at the link.

---Munson said Cameron Brown he was a bit shocked did not re-commit to the Huskers after FNL. Some folks were surprised that the Huskers took his commit in the first place (he was a 3* then and now is a consensus 4*). Munson said he is a 'catch' much like Lindsey. A guy who can play in a tight space and do somethings different than an Allen and a Moore. Husker fans should feel really good about him.

---Another guy Husker fans should feel good about is Christian Tutt. Bookie and he are lot a like as players. Both are very intense and incredibly skilled as players. Tutt and his dad are still talking about his visit to Nebraska and even though he will not make it back this month Huskers fans should feel incredibly good about landing him. Not to mention no talk about him and Alabama.

---Thus the Huskers are in great shape with both Brown and Tutt and both will be great catches for them.

---Bryan does not make much of the talk of Joshua Moore making other visits. Bryan took the drive to Yoakam, TX to meet Josh. He is a great kid. One of the better kids he has spoken to in his time as a recruiting expert. Very enjoyable young man. The thing about Josh Moore is this when he came of the board to Nebraska people have to realize he was holding 63 offers. Does anybody really think when he decided to commit to Nebraska that the other 62 teams are just going to leave him alone (no they would be crazy if they did). So he is back home close to his twin brother just outside College Station (A&M) your literally about the same distance from Austin. LSU is just down the road in Baton Rouge. He is in the heart of Big/SEC Country. There is not a chance Nebraak is going to put stakes up and say 'do not touch'. Should people then be fearful of him taking visits? There is a great relationship between him and Bookie and with Coach Keith Williams and because of that he will sign with Nebraska

http://www.1620thezone.com/GameTimePodcasts.aspx

Last edited:

I feel pretty good about Moore just from everything I have heard and read about him

When you have 63 (many big-time) offers and you choose Nebraska that says something.

With Bookie and Coach Williams we should land his signature on and LOI.

Great point about the other teams for Moore not saying "aww shucks we need to quit talking to him now that he's committed." If we did the same thing last year we wouldn't have ended up with Tyjon Lindsey. GBR

I agree.

Lindsey was a case of a kid who did not have a great relationship with his position coach or Meyer and they did not do a good job of continuing to recruit him. So we stayed in it and built that relationship and look what happened.

In this case I do not see that happening as Coaches Williams and Riley are both close to him and he has a peer and a close friend in Bookie who is the real deal (until like Tate Martel with Lindsey).

Great point about the other teams for Moore not saying "aww shucks we need to quit talking to him now that he's committed." If we did the same thing last year we wouldn't have ended up with Tyjon Lindsey. GBR

I agree.

Lindsey was a case of a kid who did not have a great relationship with his position coach or Meyer and they did not do a good job of continuing to recruit him. So we stayed in it and built that relationship and look what happened.

In this case I do not see that happening as Coaches Williams and Riley are both close to him and he has a peer and a close friend in Bookie who is the real deal (until like Tate Martel with Lindsey).

with that thought process in mind are there any guys committed to other schools that Ne. is making headway with. Also thanks for the update as it makes July go by faster.

Thanks for the synopsis RR, much appreciated. When I think about recruiting I try to put myself into these kids' shoes and really take their perspective. As fans it's easy to say 'just commit' or 'don't visit other places' but that's just not realistic. This kid (Moore) should enjoy the experience of visiting numerous colleges, meeting with great coaches, learning the layout of college football, etc. before making one of the biggest decisions in his life. That's why I don't get bent when a kid changes his mind, it's their life not mine.

Thanks for the synopsis RR, much appreciated. When I think about recruiting I try to put myself into these kids' shoes and really take their perspective. As fans it's easy to say 'just commit' or 'don't visit other places' but that's just not realistic. This kid (Moore) should enjoy the experience of visiting numerous colleges, meeting with great coaches, learning the layout of college football, etc. before making one of the biggest decisions in his life. That's why I don't get bent when a kid changes his mind, it's their life not mine.

I think of it like getting multiple job offers from companies across the country, and they are all willing to fly you out to their location for free for you to see in person. You may think you know which company you want to work for, but you would be foolish to turn down a free trip and the opportunity to verify that you are making the right decision.

We've been burned by guys taking OV's after committing to NU, and we've been able to get recruits for the same reason. It sucks when you lose recruits and is great when you land them. "insert cliche about recruiting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back