• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bru McCoy now in transfer portal

What is this about being down three strength coaches? I hadn't heard that.

USC is a dumpster fire right now. All my alumni friends out here are so depressed. It's really bad. I'm thankful Nebraska was smart enough to hire Moos as AD. USC keeps hiring former players who are fan favorites but have no idea how to be a great athletic director. Mike Garrett, Pat Haden, and Lynn Swann... all three legendary players who have done an absolutely terrible job.
I'm hoping they hire O.J. next! :Banana:

I'm thinking it will take the Urb about a year to "recover," and he will be ready to get back into coaching just about the time that Helton gets canned.
I can think of two reasons and not sure this played into either. The first is that they absolutely are committed to that school......which apparently he wasn't. The second reason is if you wanted to be an early enrollee. I know you still can do that but signing the intent puts closure on it. But I don't disagree that a five star has a lot of options if you are unsure.

What is this about being down three strength coaches? I hadn't heard that.

USC is a dumpster fire right now. All my alumni friends out here are so depressed. It's really bad. I'm thankful Nebraska was smart enough to hire Moos as AD. USC keeps hiring former players who are fan favorites but have no idea how to be a great athletic director. Mike Garrett, Pat Haden, and Lynn Swann... all three legendary players who have done an absolutely terrible job.
Helton is/was a players coach and is now going to try and get tough with the kids in an effort to save his job and it will backfire massively. You can’t go soft to hard unless you’re in the bedroom.

Helton is/was a players coach and is now going to try and get tough with the kids in an effort to save his job and it will backfire massively. You can’t go soft to hard unless you’re in the bedroom.
Boy Howdy. We demonstrated how true that is with the Huskers this year, when Riley recruits learned they had to work hard for their spots and bailed on us.

Agreed. But what did you mean about being down three strength coaches? Isn’t this the time of year when strength coaches are working the most with the players?

Agreed. But what did you mean about being down three strength coaches? Isn’t this the time of year when strength coaches are working the most with the players?
Their strength training starts Monday, and they have to hire three strength coaches yet, including their head strength coach. So as of now the players probably don’t even have a program, at least not one designed by their head guy.

Dumpster fire.

Last edited:
Their strength training starts Monday, and they have to hire three strength coaches yet, including their head strength coach. So as of now the players probably don’t even have a program, at least not one designed by their head guy.

Dumpster fire.

Holy cow. That is insane.

Dumpster fire.

That's unfortunate.

Would be nice to see a strong USC and UCLA to go along w/ Oregon, Washington, Washington State, and Stanford.

That's unfortunate.

Would be nice to see a strong USC and UCLA to go along w/ Oregon, Washington, Washington State, and Stanford.

I’m just curious as to why you say that’s unfortunate. When some programs struggle others thrive. I guess I’m looking at it from a Nebraska standpoint and if those programs struggle it might help open up things for us. Keep in mind we (Nebraska and the BIG) don’t need the pac 10 to be strong to help us. So I’m curious to understand your point

I’m just curious as to why you say that’s unfortunate. When some programs struggle others thrive. I guess I’m looking at it from a Nebraska standpoint and if those programs struggle it might help open up things for us. Keep in mind we (Nebraska and the BIG) don’t need the pac 10 to be strong to help us. So I’m curious to understand your point

It's unfortunate from the point that a team that could be much better, could offer much more competition in the PAC10 and CFB is not living up to its potential. I feel the same way about any of the potential power programs that get in a slump. It's better for CFB as a whole if those teams are having success. Obviously, opinions may vary on that - I watch a lot of college football, I don't have hate for any program, or any coach. I think any competitor would prefer to play the best that they can ... I doubt Scott Frost is sitting in his office hoping that Ohio State and Michigan fall apart so his job is easier. It's his job to build a better program and better teams, not just hang around long enough that they're not very good.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back