• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bracketologist Erik Haslam: Nebraska is in

But that’s the thing, a significant population of them are members of our fan base in every other sport. That’s why I don’t understand the hate, especially for a perennial basketball bottom feeder like Nebraska. But like I always maintain, I have zero animosity towards the actual Creighton basketball program. None whatsoever.
I think the true husker haters are CU alums who don't have much tie to nebraska. I agree...their NU bashing/whining is annoying.

Last edited:

The loss @ Illinois was the beginning of the end. That was a really bad loss. Couple that with a very poor performance in the Big 10 tourney and it became clear we were not getting in. The only thing that bothers me is the many national pundits have said that if we would have beaten Kansas we would be in. That game came down to dumb luck in the end, and should not be a deciding factor...just my opinion.
As it turns out I dont think that game would have gotten them in.

The loss @ Illinois was the beginning of the end. That was a really bad loss. Couple that with a very poor performance in the Big 10 tourney and it became clear we were not getting in. The only thing that bothers me is the many national pundits have said that if we would have beaten Kansas we would be in. That game came down to dumb luck in the end, and should not be a deciding factor...just my opinion.

We still wouldn't have gotten in. They said our conf was weak. They would still exclude us.
Regardess, the committee is a total sham! Nothing they can say will clean up this travesty!

Total BS... DONU got shafted.

substitute most any other power 5 or B1G program label on our season results & said 13-5 team would be in.

:Thumbsdown::Puke:

Total BS... DONU got shafted.

substitute most any other power 5 or B1G program label on our season results & said 13-5 team would be in.

:Thumbsdown::Puke:

Depends, sadly, on your conf or past resume.
Imagine if Indiana had our record. hmm???

Last edited:

I think the key is to get chances for big wins on your home floor The fact that we played our big games on the road except for Kansas really hurt our chances for big wins. The normal years wins over Indiana, Maryland, and Wisconsin would really help a resume.

It’s also really frustrating to see a team like Oklahoma matchup seven wins in November and December and really lock in their NCAA birth at that time

Depends, sadly, on your conf or past resume.
Imagine if Indiana had out record. hmm???

exactly my point... do they evaluate each team's resume anonymously?

if not, might be interesting to see how conclusions might vary

It’s annoying. They act like they are Duke or North Carolina when in reality there a glorified mid major that will have their typical one and done in the NCAA tournament...
Stupid replies like this are why CU fans sometimes feel superior to NU fans. Fans of a program that has never won an ncaa game game and been to maybe 3 tournies altogether probably shouldn't denigrate a "1 and done" program.

I think the key is to get chances for big wins on your home floor The fact that we played our big games on the road except for Kansas really hurt our chances for big wins. The normal years wins over Indiana, Maryland, and Wisconsin would really help a resume.

It’s also really frustrating to see a team like Oklahoma matchup seven wins in November and December and really lock in their NCAA birth at that time

I wonder who determined which teams we played at home this season. I guess, they didn't like the red-headed stepchild having another great season at home against the "powerhouses" of the conference!! :Catfight::(:Sick::Stirthepot::Whiteflag:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back