• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bosch

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
Any of you guys here, with Amazon Prime, watching of have watched the show, Bosch? Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch is a Michael Connelly character/LAPD Detective, and I've read essentially, all of the books. I've just finished season 1, and I thought it was pretty darn good. Just about to start season 2 and am looking forward to it.

upload_2018-7-2_21-22-41.jpeg

Any of you guys here, with Amazon Prime, watching of have watched the show, Bosch? Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch is a Michael Connelly character/LAPD Detective, and I've read essentially, all of the books. I've just finished season 1, and I thought it was pretty darn good. Just about to start season 2 and am looking forward to it.

View attachment 16312

Read all the books and I've watched all four seasons. It's a good show. Titus Welliver is nearly perfect as Bosch. I'm sure you've noticed they changed a few things from the books to bring the series somewhat 'up to date'. Bosch's partner (Jerry Edgar) is younger, but IIRC he and Bosch were about the same age in the books. Irvin Irving was 'Mr. Clean' in the books. Shaved bald head white guy. His African American replacement in the series does a good job of capturing Irving's stiff, rigorous way of behaving. I'd read somewhere the producers were working out the viability of a big screen movie, but I think they've gone too far down the road to drop a movie in now. JMO. Amazon picked up season 5 and is already talking about season 6.

I've watched all seasons and have just started reading the books. Also, Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton is a good one on Prime, too!

I've watched all seasons and have just started reading the books. Also, Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton is a good one on Prime, too!

I like Bosch, the TV show, but like the books quite a bit more. I'll be interested to hear your opinion.

I'd thought about watching Goliath as the adds were at the start of just about every Bosch show this season, but hadn't got to it yet.

I like Bosch, the TV show, but like the books quite a bit more. I'll be interested to hear your opinion.

I'd thought about watching Goliath as the adds were at the start of just about every Bosch show this season, but hadn't got to it yet.
Watched all six seasons in 11 days. Pretty damn good show. Looking forward to Season Seven.

The one hang up I had through out the show, and it got better, was Maddie. She seemed like she was too smart for her age, and I didn't like her early on, but I think that may be the actress. I felt she stared too long at whomever she spoke with; it wasn't the character looking at her dad or her mom, it was the actress looking at her fellow actor, waiting for her next cue.

She's better in later seasons, but whatever. Minor complaint. It's a great show that made me react emotionally, and that's a rarity. Anger, fear, edge of seat, sadness, laughing... all in there. Great great show.

Watched all six seasons in 11 days. Pretty damn good show. Looking forward to Season Seven.

The one hang up I had through out the show, and it got better, was Maddie. She seemed like she was too smart for her age, and I didn't like her early on, but I think that may be the actress. I felt she stared too long at whomever she spoke with; it wasn't the character looking at her dad or her mom, it was the actress looking at her fellow actor, waiting for her next cue.

She's better in later seasons, but whatever. Minor complaint. It's a great show that made me react emotionally, and that's a rarity. Anger, fear, edge of seat, sadness, laughing... all in there. Great great show.

Titus Welliver is a great Bosch. Moody mother and he just fits.

I wasn’t a fan of Maddie either nor the fact that Chief Irving is black in the show, but white in the books. It changed some of his characters story lines and not in a way I thought was good.

I wasn’t a fan of Maddie either nor the fact that Chief Irving is black in the show, but white in the books. It changed some of his characters story lines and not in a way I thought was good.
Really? I haven't read the books, and I really like Chief Irving quite a bit on the show. But I like the actor as well. He does a good "stoic guy" portrayal.

That's cool that Welliver is a great Bosch. I enjoy that character, and he surprised me as an actor. My first exposure to him was in Sons of Anarchy, where he was one of the Irish gun connections. I was convinced he was an actor from Ireland. Nope. All-American. I like that he's played pretty stiff, which makes his dry jokes that much better.

Titus Welliver is a great Bosch.
It's almost as if the role in the books were literally written for Titus. He is Bosch.
That's cool that Welliver is a great Bosch.
Titus was the perfect actor for Bosch. If you read the books, you'd almost certainly agree. I've talked to other people about this and we agree.

It's almost as if the role in the books were literally written for Titus. He is Bosch.
Titus was the perfect actor for Bosch. If you read the books, you'd almost certainly agree. I've talked to other people about this and we agree.
Awesome. I'm glad when established characters are perfectly cast. That means when I go to the source material, I'm not super-biased to the character.

Take Dexter, for example. I watched the show before I read any of the books, and my ex thought that Michael C Hall did a good job in capturing the character. However, the way Deb was described in the books (gorgeous) is not who was cast. Just my opinion, of course.

One of the first descriptions I read of Irving has stood out to me to this day. The mentioning of his jaw, and how it was pronounced so much because he was always clenching, to the point of having crowns on his molars as he had ground them down.

Sheesh, I just realized I read my first Bosch book in 1997. Oof.

Last edited:
One of the first descriptions I read of Irving has stood out to me to this day. The mentioning of his jaw, and how it was pronounced so much because he was always clenching, to the point of having crowns on his molars as he had ground them down.

Sheesh, I just realized I read my first Bosch book in 1997. Oof.

He was also compared to ‘Mr Clean’ in one of the books.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back