• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie to visit Clemson twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is starting to get on my nerves....he is a Nebraska commit and has never wavered despite all of the fan angst on Nebraska message boards and when he signs in December this stuff hopefully will end. December can not get here any sooner.

Yeah I like that Parsons and Bookie that will add not only a buzz but some big-time oommmmfffff to the D. :)

Yeah I agree, when he signs in December, the fears of him going elsewhere should end...key phrase; "when he signs"

OFFS... he is a current commit. Until that changes he is still coming to Nebraska. By all accounts he is a respectful person. I'm sure he would decommit or at least let the coaches know well in advance. Even if he decided to go elsewhere I'm sure it's because he has decided it is in HIS best interest.

gpoEU76.gif

Who knows for sure what he thinks? I don't blame him for wanting to visit other schools but no one for sure can say he is solid until he signs letter of intent

“Winning games in Death Valley on big recruiting nights really helps,” said one source around Clemson shortly after the Tigers handled Auburn in front of a raucous crowd. Prospects on campus raved about the atmosphere inside Memorial Stadium.

Dabo Swinney and company are currently sitting on 11 commits and 247Sports’s No. 14 ranked recruiting class, and Top247 linebacker pledge Mike Jones Jr. told 247Sports that “we'll have some new big-time Tigers soon.”

The three names to keep a close eye on would be Top247 receiver Justyn Ross and touted cornerback Brendan Radley-Hiles who is a long-time Nebraska verbal in the 2018 class. From the 2019 class, a name to watch is five-star defensive end Nolan Smith, currently committed to Georgia.

I also like the Tigers for five-star defensive end KJ Henry, who was back on campus for the Auburn game.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Wiltfongs-Weekly-Buzz-Home-crowds-give-boosts-to-Clemson-USC-107332748

I've attended games at Clemson when my son attended there. It can't compare to NU stadium when it's really rockin. It's not the death valley they want opponents to think it is. However, if he doesn't have any ties to NU then I think we should be concerned because they are contenders for Conference and National championships and will remain a top 10 team. NU can't compete with this, yet.

http://247sports.com/Article/Environment-during-Clemson-win-over-Auburn-speaks-to-recruits-107209990

I was surprised when you said that. I've been to games all across the country and Clemson is one of my favorite places to go. It's not as good as a night game at LSU (hands down the best IMPO), but it's up there. These recruits seem to agree...

“Man this environment gave me chills every single second,” five-star defensive end Xavier Thomas said. “These are the best fans in the country and they had my ears ringing every play. Death Valley is special, Clemson is special!"

"The usual Death Valley," Henry said. "The fans helped get that W tonight. Was glad to see my boys tonight and enjoy a good game." (BTW, "Henry" is five-star DE KJ Henry.)

“Great atmosphere all together, truly a Southern Showdown,” Radley-Hiles said. “Auburn was a great team & showed great effort but Clemson just remained on their game more than losing focus. There were two Tigers on the field, only one Clemson.”

“Great environment, the fans were electric all game,” linebacker commit Mike Jones Jr. said. “It was great to see the defense get after the quarterback and play fast. Also it was great to see my guy (quarterback) Kelly (Bryant) ball out! I think everybody who visited has Clemson in their top schools. And we'll have some new big-time Tigers soon.”

“Great atmosphere all together, truly a Southern Showdown,” Radley-Hiles said. “Auburn was a great team & showed great effort but Clemson just remained on their game more than losing focus. There were two Tigers on the field, only one Clemson.”

Sounds like he enjoyed the game. It doesn't sound like someone who was blown away so much as to decommit from a place he has called his family.

People need to understand recruiting is so much different now-a-days. With social media and these kids so easily accessible, as well as multiple recruiting sites for each school tripping over each other to get the story on the highly rated uncommitted kid that just visited, articles are going to come out. He's not going to insult Clemson and say "not as good as Nebraska". He will have good things to say and point out the positives that many of us know.

Gone are the days of five star Baker Steinkuhler just committing and never visiting elsewhere. Heck, the Southwest coach even was in his ear of "are you sure you don't want to go visit somewhere else?"

Bookie may flip, he may stay committed. But we can't freak out everytime he does something. Last month it was that he is wearing a Florida hat and took "Nebraska commit" off his twitter. This month it's how many times he's visited Clemson. We are the leader in the clubhouse, we aren't trying to flip the kid, we are trying to hang on to him. That is a very good situation to be in.

http://247sports.com/Article/Environment-during-Clemson-win-over-Auburn-speaks-to-recruits-107209990

I was surprised when you said that. I've been to games all across the country and Clemson is one of my favorite places to go. It's not as good as a night game at LSU (hands down the best IMPO), but it's up there. These recruits seem to agree...

“Man this environment gave me chills every single second,” five-star defensive end Xavier Thomas said. “These are the best fans in the country and they had my ears ringing every play. Death Valley is special, Clemson is special!"

"The usual Death Valley," Henry said. "The fans helped get that W tonight. Was glad to see my boys tonight and enjoy a good game." (BTW, "Henry" is five-star DE KJ Henry.)

“Great environment, the fans were electric all game,” linebacker commit Mike Jones Jr. said. “It was great to see the defense get after the quarterback and play fast. Also it was great to see my guy (quarterback) Kelly (Bryant) ball out! I think everybody who visited has Clemson in their top schools. And we'll have some new big-time Tigers soon.”
The CU atmosphere is good, [I like it] not nearly as nasty as say a South Carolina Gamecock game in Columbia. But I compare it to the NU games I went to years ago and to me NU Stadium rocked more than what CU does. Of course when I attended the student section was the loudest. We were always contenders for Big 12 and National championships then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back