• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie Radley-Hiles New 5-star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome new for Bookie. Like to have a guy like him but I highly doubt he is going to be here. That said, his cousin is still here and appears excited to be with SF.

Never say never... believe it and you're much more likely to see it.

And just to finish off with yet another cliche...

Remind yourself that failure is not final. It does not mean that you cannot try again.

Did they cite his decommitment from NU as the thing that put him over the top for a 5th star?
Haha why don't you venture over and look at that bump Mario Goodrich got. Good lord they bumped him to 95th nationally. I dont know if there is a way to know what it was previously, but it wasnt close to that.

There is a lot of excitement around the program that was not here when he decommited. I’m sure he is at least taking another peek at NU.

Based on Bookie's recent activity in relation to Frost and Fisher, the fact that Bookie has reached out a bit, shows me that he at least has some residual interest in NU. The fact that the future coaching picture is clearing up a bit allows some of these recruits to start thinking about NU again and not just be in limbo or pulling out because of uncertainty. So, that being said, it looks like Bookie has at least opened the door to Frost and Fisher. It is now up to Frost and Fisher to see if they can make in-roads with Bookie. Of course, Frost and Fisher would have to be interested in Bookie, so who knows, but not sure why they wouldn't be. I agree that Bookie is/was my favorite recruit - the guy is athletic and aggressive beyond words, has a great personality, leadership qualities, and guys just naturally gravitate toward him. He is one of those guys that overwhelmingly has the "IT" factor. I think the fact that Gebbia and Tyjon are still here, and I think I saw that KJSr said that the current plan is to still have KJJr return to NU - that all means that there are still plenty of friends/family for Bookie at NU.

Getting Bookie to commit in the first place was a major win, and with anyone like him it will be a huge task/win to keep him committed based on the recruiting competition - even if you were Alabama. Add in a coaching change and a poor season and you just made it twice as hard. I am sad to say that the odds of landing him are still probably pretty low, but the fact that he has initiated contact with the new staff shows it is not impossible (unless it is a total ploy to get more twitter followers for a while - and while I don't think that Bookie is that kind of guy - who knows in today's world). I'd say anything is possible right now, but I'm not going to be disappointed in this staff if they can't get him back. But man, it sure would be a shot of adrenaline in this recruiting class to get him back and have him help with the peer recruiting again - if they can get him back in the fold I wouldn't be surprised if they salvage the entire class and add to it. Go Big Red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back