• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie Radley-Hiles headed to IMG Academy; Huskers appear to be his leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

We can just be like Tennessee and offer pretty much their whole team.
You could take their top 10 every year site unseen and have the basis for a very good recruiting class. Like IMG or not (I don't), there isn't a better collection of high school football talent anywhere in the country. I wonder if their head coach wants to be a college DB coach

Damn. I wonder how soon it is before more and more schools like this appear. I can't imagine it will take more than ten years before there are IMG's in most major states.
I doubt it. First of all, establishing and maintaining this type of institution has to be very expensive. Also, I doubt most athletic governing organizations would allow an IMG-type "school" to compete against the other member schools in the state. I guarantee that the University Interscholastic League, the governing organization for public schools in Texas, would deny their membership. And I would be surprised if the private school organizations in Texas would be very interested either.

I doubt it. First of all, establishing and maintaining this type of institution has to be very expensive. Also, I doubt most athletic governing organizations would allow an IMG-type "school" to compete against the other member schools in the state. I guarantee that the University Interscholastic League, the governing organization for public schools in Texas, would deny their membership. And I would be surprised if the private school organizations in Texas would be very interested either.

I'm sure you're right but what if the school pays to get into a league? I could see that changing a few minds quickly. Maybe not in Texas but smaller states with small budgets, Kansas?

I'm sure you're right but what if the school pays to get into a league? I could see that changing a few minds quickly. Maybe not in Texas but smaller states with small budgets, Kansas?
Pay to get into a league? Well, they have to do that anyway. It costs every school money to join organizations like the NSAA and the UIL. But most athletic organizations consider themselves an extracurricular organization. In other words, the athletics programs are an extension of the educational programs at the schools. It appears that the philosophy at IMG-type schools is completely turned around--that the academics are an afterthought to developing a great athletic program. This philosophy would not be attractive to most governing organizations and their member schools.

These schools already exist, some under the name of public schools, and more under the rubric of religious schools (at least in bball). Recruiting is rampant around the DC area. As I said before, I'm not sure the IMG type school is bad for the kids academically, so I'm not sure what the opposition is based on. I know I like home grown teams, but that hasn't existed in big cities for some time.

These schools already exist, some under the name of public schools, and more under the rubric of religious schools (at least in bball). Recruiting is rampant around the DC area. As I said before, I'm not sure the IMG type school is bad for the kids academically, so I'm not sure what the opposition is based on. I know I like home grown teams, but that hasn't existed in big cities for some time.

True!

Creighton Prep always seemed like one of these type schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back