• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

It's a pretty good movie. They did about a well as they could covering 15 years of Queen and Mercury. Some accuracy was sacrificed probably to streamline things since the movie is already 2 1/4 hours long. The actors who play Queen are really good, and Rami Malek is fantastic. The reproduction of Queen's set at Live Aid was great as well. And having Mike Myers as the record company exec who says nobody will ever bang their heads to Bohemian Rhapsody is a funny inside joke.

The reproduction of Queen's set at Live Aid was great as well.
After watching the movie, then coming home and watching the 24+ minute Live Aid performance, I was awed. They flat out nailed it down. They studied that show and did it great justice. I was kind of taken aback that they didn't show actual live footage, until I saw the actual live footage, I think that that was great as we now have both.

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last weekend with my wife. I thought it was a very good movie. Enjoyed it immensely... and I was never much of a Queen fan and didn't know who Freddy Mercury was until a couple of years back when I heard his name mentioned by Howard Stern in the context of Queen.

Oh, I might say Walk the Line or Ray were better, but BR was very good.

Last edited:
We just saw this yesterday and its was okay. I thought the movie flowed kinda poorly and was pretty much paint by numbers type movie making but the performances were good. I wasn't the biggest Queen fan but FM was a powerful singer and showman. My wife liked it a lot.

I still say it should have been a rental.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back