• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Biscuit-Topped Poblano Chicken Pot Pie

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
Whoa, now this piqued my interest. I may try my hand at this in the very near future. May try replacing the biscuits with some cornbread or polenta though, not really feeling the biscuits.

I think the only way to have it look like a real pot pie would be to make a drier, higher fat, cornbread batter more akin to a pie crust than cornbread. Look up cornbread crust or cornmeal crust. Will have pretty much the same flavor, but, not the texture.

Par-bake the bottom crust, so it holds up to the filling being poured over it. I would go with half the time to cook the cornbread as the par-bake time.....

Just my :Sign2cents:

I think the only way to have it look like a real pot pie would be to make a drier, higher fat, cornbread batter more akin to a pie crust than cornbread. Look up cornbread crust or cornmeal crust. Will have pretty much the same flavor, but, not the texture.

i am more of a pastry crust kind of guy for pot pies. Phylo dough works great and is easy just paste a couple of layers with butter. also how do you have a pot pie without some minced garlic, carrots and peas in it?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back