• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos

Perhaps you’re having trouble with the word condemn. Perhaps a better word would be criticize. Or perhaps you would feel better with the word questioned. Whatever term you use, the point is valid. Moos will be condemned, criticized, or otherwise questioned no matter what he does.

I don’t want to take the effort to parse your statement regarding Bill Moos. I will point out the clear implication you left: that Bill Moos’ consistency in refusing to make a decision until the end of the season is foolish and may be detrimental to the program.
Sounds like he is the president lol!!!!

IMO, the jury is still out on ADBM. It seems to me we're paying him an elite salary and I'm not convinced he's an elite AD. I admit near total ignorance regarding who the top ADs in the country are, so maybe he is one.
Ok, Ed, I swear I’m not being a jerk, but if you don’t know anything about Moos, or what constitutes a good AD, why not spend a little time checking in on some articles about him or others thought highly of, and then toss out some thoughts. Trust me, I didn’t know anything about him, but the things I’ve found and read tell me he’s got credibility with many of his peers.

Ok, Ed, I swear I’m not being a jerk, but if you don’t know anything about Moos, or what constitutes a good AD, why not spend a little time checking in on some articles about him or others thought highly of, and then toss out some thoughts. Trust me, I didn’t know anything about him, but the things I’ve found and read tell me he’s got credibility with many of his peers.
I agree with you but Riley had the same reviews

I agree with you but Riley had the same reviews
And many of the qualities were spot on. He was a crafty recruiter, and did find guys early in the process who climb the star ladders, sometimes causing us to lose them. He was incredibly good with the media, and within the administration. He created a great atmosphere of family that drew in many top rated kids to either commit, or have us in the game. He seemed a great fit within the community. So on those fronts, I’d say the reviews to be spot on. Sadly, there were key areas he came up short, but you can’t say people’s opinions were all wrong.

I don’t want to take the effort to parse your statement regarding Bill Moos. I will point out the clear implication you left: that Bill Moos’ consistency in refusing to make a decision until the end of the season is foolish and may hinder progress in the program.
The larger point is that his stubbornness has caused ineffectiveness in at least one previous job and may do so again in his current job. Key word being, “may.”

Last edited:
The larger point is that his stubbornness has caused ineffectiveness in at least one previous job and may do so again in his current job. Key word being, “may.”

I would agree. However, most of the problems ADs face is if they are a good fit for the position they are in. For instance, Steve Pedersen was a terrible fit and tried to create some sort of revolution that ended with a horrible ambush and some of the worst times to be a husker fan. Shawn eichorst was a lone ranger and did things only his way which led to him walking down the highway. Let's see where moos fits but so far he is very personable and open to communicate on different topics.

I thought the larger point was no matter what he does, someone will find fault in it.

I thought the larger point was no matter what he does, someone will find fault in it.

There will always be a few people that find fault. Heck, people got upset with TO’s play calling in games he WON, for crying out loud. If Moos hires Frost, at least he would be hiring one of the top rated HC’s listed for multiple college football jobs, so it is a far cry from hiring a controversial guy like Callahan, Riley, Pelini, or even Solich were. None of those guys were even in a conversation to be HC’s at other colleges when they were hired. Riley was the closest thing, as he had been a candidate years before for multiple HC positions, but it certainly wasn’t the case when Eichorst hired him, as Oregon State was mired in mediocrity.

And many of the qualities were spot on. He was a crafty recruiter, and did find guys early in the process who climb the star ladders, sometimes causing us to lose them. He was incredibly good with the media, and within the administration. He created a great atmosphere of family that drew in many top rated kids to either commit, or have us in the game. He seemed a great fit within the community. So on those fronts, I’d say the reviews to be spot on. Sadly, there were key areas he came up short, but you can’t say people’s opinions were all wrong.
It's about winning. No matter all those good qualities, it's still, about the field. If you have a coach good at all those things mentioned, but he stinks on the field, you can't have him as coach. Bad reason to ever hire a guy like that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back