• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos said he’s talked to Scott Frost about scheduling Kansas and Kansas State in the future

Me too and K-State is a top flight opponent nothing secondary about them under Coach Snyder at all.
Nebraska won't be playing them under Snyder. It would be years before that happened. Snyder will be long gone. They are likely to head south fast as soon as he leaves. They will be anything but, a top flight program.

Nebraska won't be playing them under Snyder. It would be years before that happened. Snyder will be long gone. They are likely to head south fast as soon as he leaves. They will be anything but, a top flight program.

I’m not so sure. I thought he would have been long gone a long time ago. I think he’s a zombie or something.

I would only schedule either of them as a secondary out of conference opponent. Neither are worthy of a marquee opponent. By the time NU would play Kansas State Snyder will be long gong and they are likely to suck. Kansas is almost a given to suck unless they pull a rabbit out of their :eek:. I’m cool with it as long as there is a stronger opponent on the schedule. If they are the primary non conf opponents, you’re liable to catch some flack for it. If they are a secondary opponent along with say Akron and LSU, it would work out perfect. Power five opponent.

I agree 100%, especially concerning KU.

I’m not so sure. I thought he would have been long gone a long time ago. I think he’s a zombie or something.

He’s pushing 80 and has recently had cancer, not sure if he beat that or is still fighting it. If Jim Leavitt replaces him they may still be good, if it’s his son as he wants I don’t see them being any good.

I have made mention numerous times on here that we would get the complaining down a ton if our Akron's and Northern Illinois were Kansas and Iowa State. Schedule those guys as your non-conference games, and still have your marquee UCLA, Miami, Washington games as a "cool" place for your fans to travel. The away games with Kansas and other old Big12 foes could make traveling for our fans much easier as well. A common complaint is the proximity to games now, as Iowa City is the closest.

Kansas
Oklahoma
Iowa State

That would be a great non-conference schedule in my opinion. You could even get creative and do a 2 for 1 home games with Kansas football and give them 2 for 1 in basketball.

Just from a perception standpoint, trading a game against a directional or newly D1 school for a P5 school is a win. Troy may be much better than Kansas, but seeing the score scroll across the bottom of TV has a better feel of accomplishment for most people. The fact the proximity allows fans to travel more often is a side benefit as well.

I agree 100%, especially concerning KU.

He’s pushing 80 and has recently had cancer, not sure if he beat that or is still fighting it. If Jim Leavitt replaces him they may still be good, if it’s his son as he wants I don’t see them being any good.
Rumors going around that the cancer is back. However I still see him every morning pulling into the stadium.

Maybe not as for them headed south after he leaves depends on who they hire as we have found out on a few occasions when it came to Nebraska football since Coach Osborne retired. So pure speculation that they will suddenly implode and disappear.

I have made mention numerous times on here that we would get the complaining down a ton if our Akron's and Northern Illinois were Kansas and Iowa State. Schedule those guys as your non-conference games, and still have your marquee UCLA, Miami, Washington games as a "cool" place for your fans to travel. The away games with Kansas and other old Big12 foes could make traveling for our fans much easier as well. A common complaint is the proximity to games now, as Iowa City is the closest.

Kansas
Oklahoma
Iowa State

That would be a great non-conference schedule in my opinion. You could even get creative and do a 2 for 1 home games with Kansas football and give them 2 for 1 in basketball.
The 2 for 1 would be a must. I love the idea, but we schedule the Akron's of the world because it's a home game. Tim Miles says :Eek:.

Rumors going around that the cancer is back. However I still see him every morning pulling into the stadium.

That’s too bad. When I lived in Manhattan I saw him a couple times and he’s a very nice man.

Maybe not as for them headed south after he leaves depends on who they hire as we have found out on a few occasions when it came to Nebraska football since Coach Osborne retired. So pure speculation that they will suddenly implode and disappear.

They ”could” strike gold again. But Snyder is one of the all time greats, I don’t think they’re likely to find anyone at his level anytime soon. Leavitt could do well there but by all accounts Bill wants his son to take over. That’s very risky. People gripe and moan about all the hurdles NU has to overcome, well KSU is that times 10. They’re in a tough situation when he hangs it up. Just look how hard it’s been for NU and they were coming off one of, if not the best, run in football history.

Last edited:
That’s too bad. When I lived in Manhattan I saw him a couple times and he’s a very nice man.

They ”could” strike gold again. But Snyder is one of the all time greats, I don’t think they’re likely to find anyone at his level anytime soon. Leavitt could do well there but by all accounts Bill wants his son to take over. That’s very risky. People gripe and moan about all the hurdles NU has to overcome, well KSU is that times 10. They’re in a tough situation when he hangs it up. Just look how hard it’s been for NU and they were coming off one of, if not the best, run in football history.
Yes he is, he came to our Wounded Warriors United Banquet as our guest speaker a couple of years ago, very good man.

Just from a perception standpoint, trading a game against a directional or newly D1 school for a P5 school is a win. Troy may be much better than Kansas, but seeing the score scroll across the bottom of TV has a better feel of accomplishment for most people. The fact the proximity allows fans to travel more often is a side benefit as well.
Right on

This is my read on KSU as well. The Prince failure as do Nebraska's struggles illustrate how far and how fast a program can slide.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back