• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos said he’s talked to Scott Frost about scheduling Kansas and Kansas State in the future

FYI I think that would be great to play them both again. Not to mention a home and away would be a game our fans could travel too in Kansas.

Big 8 reunion tour. Already got CU and OU scheduled. When is the Nebraska-Missouri Bell going to be up for grabs?

I could do without a trip to stillwater or ames though

I would only schedule either of them as a secondary out of conference opponent. Neither are worthy of a marquee opponent. By the time NU would play Kansas State Snyder will be long gong and they are likely to suck. Kansas is almost a given to suck unless they pull a rabbit out of their :eek:. I’m cool with it as long as there is a stronger opponent on the schedule. If they are the primary non conf opponents, you’re liable to catch some flack for it. If they are a secondary opponent along with say Akron and LSU, it would work out perfect. Power five opponent.

Big 8 reunion tour. Already got CU and OU scheduled. When is the Nebraska-Missouri Bell going to be up for grabs?

Oklahoma State is quite formidable nowadays. Also it’s a great place to tailgate and the stadium is no longer rust bucket city.

Kansas is one of the WORST P5 programs and KSU will be heading to mediocrity as soon as Snyder re-retires again. There’s not too many teams from the Big12 that I’d like to see Nebraska play....Okie, Okie St, Texas, TCU...that about does it for me.

I would only schedule either of them as a secondary out of conference opponent. Neither are worthy of a marquee opponent. By the time NU would play Kansas State Snyder will be long gong and they are likely to suck. Kansas is almost a given to suck unless they pull a rabbit out of their :eek:. I’m cool with it as long as there is a stronger opponent on the schedule. If they are the primary non conf opponents, you’re liable to catch some flack for it. If they are a secondary opponent along with say Akron and LSU, it would work out perfect. Power five opponent.
He will be in a chinese restaurant?
LongGongRestaurant119208MiamiFL.png

Seriously. I think we could get either 1 to do a 2-1. If we can than I think they are better than playing Troy or Eastern Ill. Since both are P5 programs.

I went to every Big 8 road venue and those two were my least favorite travel destinations from a visiting fan standpoint. That is until CU became self aware.

From a football standpoint, I'd like to see Iowa State or Oklahoma State added before NU adds Kansas. K State is at least a serviceable football team.

He will be in a chinese restaurant?
LongGongRestaurant119208MiamiFL.png

Seriously. I think we could get either 1 to do a 2-1. If we can than I think they are better than playing Troy or Eastern Ill. Since both are P5 programs.
I agree, they are better, you just need a stabilizer as the main cheese. OU, USC, LSU, Oregon, someone of that nature as the headliner. Kansas is worse than Troy easily and Easter Illinois might probably give them all they want. KSU is going down the toilet as soon as Snyder leaves.

FYI I think that would be great to play them both again. Not to mention a home and away would be a game our fans could travel too in Kansas.

I have made mention numerous times on here that we would get the complaining down a ton if our Akron's and Northern Illinois were Kansas and Iowa State. Schedule those guys as your non-conference games, and still have your marquee UCLA, Miami, Washington games as a "cool" place for your fans to travel. The away games with Kansas and other old Big12 foes could make traveling for our fans much easier as well. A common complaint is the proximity to games now, as Iowa City is the closest.

Kansas
Oklahoma
Iowa State

That would be a great non-conference schedule in my opinion. You could even get creative and do a 2 for 1 home games with Kansas football and give them 2 for 1 in basketball.

I have made mention numerous times on here that we would get the complaining down a ton if our Akron's and Northern Illinois were Kansas and Iowa State. Schedule those guys as your non-conference games, and still have your marquee UCLA, Miami, Washington games as a "cool" place for your fans to travel. The away games with Kansas and other old Big12 foes could make traveling for our fans much easier as well. A common complaint is the proximity to games now, as Iowa City is the closest.

Kansas
Oklahoma
Iowa State

That would be a great non-conference schedule in my opinion. You could even get creative and do a 2 for 1 home games with Kansas football and give them 2 for 1 in basketball.

We think a like my friend...:)

Huh? I think those would be great additions to non-conf future schedules, and likely quite spirited games.
I'm just saying those two matchups appeal to me the least of our former Big 8 foes, that's all. I wouldn't be opposed to it, I'd just rather see us play mizzou. It always made me feel warm and fuzzy inside to see NU break their hearts and now it comes with the added bonus of beating an SEC team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back