• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten West. Who are the contenders?

Who will win the Big 10 West in 2018?

• Nebraska

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Iowa

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Northwestern

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purdue

• Minnesota

• Illinois

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
Nebraska will beat Wisconsin. The deciding factor will come down to crossover games.

If the Huskers can go at least 1-2 against Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State, we'll win the West.

I see Nebraska and Wisconsin both having a 7-2 conference record, but the Huskers get the tiebreaker with the head to head win.
The possibility of an 8-3 for the Huskers exists. They will pull off a couple of late “upsets”.

IM RILED UP!!!!!!!!!
FunnyPart-com-who_wants_ice_cream.jpg

Contenders: Wisconsin; Iowa; Northwestern, and then NU.

Blurred-Vision.jpg

Nebraska will beat Wisconsin. The deciding factor will come down to crossover games.

If the Huskers can go at least 1-2 against Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State, we'll win the West.

I see Nebraska and Wisconsin both having a 7-2 conference record, but the Huskers get the tiebreaker with the head to head win.

2014111814163119221365559873.jpg

Even this last terrible year, if we would have manned up against the run we would have beat the other teams in our division. I know everyone keeps telling its not that simple, but it is. It's not rocket science! We have the good enough defensive line and linebackers to be effective in run defense. I believe we can do this

Even this last terrible year, if we would have manned up against the run we would have beat the other teams in our division. I know everyone keeps telling its not that simple, but it is. It's not rocket science! We have the good enough defensive line and linebackers to be effective in run defense. I believe we can do this

A-Clear-Vision_IND-01-1024x386.jpg

The possibility of an 8-3 for the Huskers exists. They will pull off a couple of late “upsets”.

This is not possible. The Huskers play 12 games this season. I am sorry, but your vision is slightly blurred.

Last edited:

Well, I fell for it too. I will always support our players and coaches, no matter how difficult the games, execution and outcomes are. I am tempering my enthusiasm as I have seen how fear of failure affects teams (read in NU under FHC fill in the blank). I really am just expecting a TEAM and TEAM play reflecting a grit and tenacity we have lacked for years. GBR

Never underestimate the value of competent coaching.
Big Ten West is ours.

Well, I fell for it too. I will always support our players and coaches, no matter how difficult the games, execution and outcomes are. I am tempering my enthusiasm as I have seen how fear of failure affects teams (read in NU under FHC fill in the blank). I really am just expecting a TEAM and TEAM play reflecting a grit and tenacity we have lacked for years. GBR
Yes we seemed to play so nervous and tight under one regime and so confused and lost under the other!!

Maybe we should wait for some actual football to be played before deciding who is the favorite and who has no chance?
I have to keep reminding myself of this. I'm pretty optimistic, but we haven't played a single down yet. And here I am predicting a national championship within 5 years, yet feeling like Debbie Downer.

GET TICKETS

Back