• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Revenue

You must live in Colorado and breathe in deeply because you are high (and I mean that in a nice way ;)) We have had this discussion many times and I just don't think there is enough support in fans or dollars to ever see that happening.

I'm not so sure. It's UNO's money maker. If UNO can make it work with their casual UNO fans, surely NU can make it work with their die hard Husker fans. At some point we will be one of the only teams in the B1G without one. Never underestimate the desire to keep up with the Joneses.

Some time ago there was an article that noted NU football supported over twenty sports at the U. Not sure how Title IX affects the amount that is required to be spent on women's sports other than number of scholarships. Our recruiting budget had to increase significantly in order to upgrade talent and begin to compete in the BIG. It will be interesting to see the accounting.

Some time ago there was an article that noted NU football supported over twenty sports at the U. Not sure how Title IX affects the amount that is required to be spent on women's sports other than number of scholarships. Our recruiting budget had to increase significantly in order to upgrade talent and begin to compete in the BIG. It will be interesting to see the accounting.

The Volleyball Program doesn't need any money from the football program now that they are in the newly remodeled Devaney. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think title 9 is a good thing, although I believe football should be excluded from scholarship counts. Football feeds the beast and it's numbers skew everything out of wack . There are no female sports that compare number wise as far as scholarships go, it just makes matching numbers impossible without removing opportunity to make athletes

I'm not so sure. It's UNO's money maker. If UNO can make it work with their casual UNO fans, surely NU can make it work with their die hard Husker fans. At some point we will be one of the only teams in the B1G without one. Never underestimate the desire to keep up with the Joneses.

As a hockey fan, I really hope I eat my words, I would much prefer hockey over bball.

I'm not sure hen Nebraska gets s full and equal share of B1G revenue?

As it happens, I want the Athletic Department to focus its energy and budget growing and enhancing the existing programs to compete for championships.

Starting new programs can wait a number of years. If ever.

I think it's only a matter of time until the Huskers add hockey.

As a hockey fan, I really hope I eat my words, I would much prefer hockey over bball.

Me too.

sjw.HKC_.TheBigChill.12-11-20100268.jpg

Please join B1G conference !! :thumbsup:. Memorial and Pinnacle will be sold out every game ... almost for sure
14-college-hockey-at-camp-randall-stadium-weird-sports-venues.jpg

Instead of adding new sports...how about pump more of that money into the football program and get it back to national relevance? If the football program gets rolling again there will be plenty of new money generated. Then people can begin thinking about "adding" more sports. :thumbsup:
Maybe an increase in recruiting budget! Not sure what we spend now but more money for satellite camps and reaching out/recruiting in Texas, California, and Florida more often for their 4 and 5 stars.

Basically, Title IX says that you have to spend an equal amount on men's and women's athletics. That is the reason we have more women's sports than men's sports. Also, the facilities for both men's and women's sports need to be equivalent.

I know men's hockey has the UNO conflict, but I would definitely like to see soccer and hockey added as men's sports, especially soccer since it has become such a huge sport in Nebraska in the last 25 years.

So what about adding women's hockey and then either women's field hockey or lacrosse? You already have the John Breslow Ice Hockey Center that is perfect for hockey. The problem is that even those these are all big time traditional Big Ten women's sports, they are not Nebraska High School sports.

Women's rugby would also be a great sport for Nebraska, think of all the girls growing up in Nebraska that would love to play football, but can't after youth leagues.

Maybe an increase in recruiting budget! Not sure what we spend now but more money for satellite camps and reaching out/recruiting in Texas, California, and Florida more often for their 4 and 5 stars.

That would be an example of putting money back into the football program. :thumbsup:

I think there should be a room full of Bob Diaco clones. Blow out Cav, DL, Bray, Davis and eventually Riley. I guess Parella can stay, he fits the mold. Pay the assistants 1 - 1.5 million per. The HC 7 million. NU will win every press conference and a ton of games. The intensity will be off the charts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back