• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Revenue

Weren't we supposed to leave the Hockey teams at UNO?

Oh who cares about the "gentleman's" agreement between Osborne and Alberts. Osborne is no longer the AD and Alberts can go do other things, especially after how he dealt with the whole wrestling fiasco, I could care less about Alberts.

Oh who cares about the "gentleman's" agreement between Osborne and Alberts. Osborne is no longer the AD and Alberts can go do other things, especially after how he dealt with the whole wrestling fiasco, I could care less about Alberts.
I didn't remember all the details. I'm OK with UNL Men's and Women's hockey.

while other sports may or may not be part of the plan my intent since this is the football forum was intended for football. Just wanted thoughts on if the increased revenue might affect the amount Ne. is willing to pay as increased revenue might mean increased pressure to win. I get the desire for not increasing ticket prices and donations but we are hunting for championship coaches and a championship team especially football.

Last edited:
While I know there is a lot the athletic departments supplements I would love to see the seat donation go down or dropped completely. Pass on some of that moola to the fans that support athletics actually in the stadiums/arenas, buying clothing etc. Also, maybe some of that money could go to the general University funds to help offset the loss of money cut by the legislature so student tuition doesn't have to go up so much. I really think there is plenty to go around.
Great ideas. Never will happen.

while other sports may or may not be part of the plan my intent since this is the football forum was intended for football. Just wanted thoughts on if the increased revenue might affect the amount Ne. is willing to pay as increased revenue might mean increased pressure to win. I get the desire for not increasing ticket prices and donations but we are hunting for championship coaches and a championship team especially football.

I think the market for good DC's is driving the payscale. If NU could still pay bottom-dollar, and get decent results, they would.

While I know there is a lot the athletic departments supplements I would love to see the seat donation go down or dropped completely. Pass on some of that moola to the fans that support athletics actually in the stadiums/arenas, buying clothing etc. Also, maybe some of that money could go to the general University funds to help offset the loss of money cut by the legislature so student tuition doesn't have to go up so much. I really think there is plenty to go around.
This!

I think it's only a matter of time until the Huskers add hockey.

You must live in Colorado and breathe in deeply because you are high (and I mean that in a nice way ;)) We have had this discussion many times and I just don't think there is enough support in fans or dollars to ever see that happening.

Instead of adding new sports...how about pump more of that money into the football program and get it back to national relevance? If the football program gets rolling again there will be plenty of new money generated. Then people can begin thinking about "adding" more sports. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back